• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Looking for a sturdy tripod and fluid head combo. Budget £300. Suggestions?

Mysticpuma

Yes, I know that's a low price in comparison to the Vinten range of tripods and fluid heads, but it's the budget I have.

Generally I know that there is rarely a "Something for nothing" choice, but I found this one:

Konig Heavy Duty Professional Video Camera Tripod with: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

for just £105.00

Video of results here:

YouTube - Sony HDR HC1 A1E Footage with Konig Fluid Head Tripod

Now that is, to phrase "The Duke" "Cheap as chips!"

Well within budget, but I did read TwistingTornado's comment on the video page and it would appear that any user control of the camera (at long lens) results in a slight wobble?

Looking at heads only, I am considering the Manfrotto 701HDV or 501HDV (which is better...there's only one way to find out! Fightttttttt!!!) but I think that the 501HDV will suit the Panasonic HMC151 better. The problem I have is that I really like the 501HDV head, but finding a sturdy tripod to go with it is really confusing me!

So, the budget is £300, are there any suggestions from tripod users with fluid-head set up that you can recommend?

Cheers, MP

rogs

I use a Slik 504, which I have been very pleased with. Gets some pretty good reviews here: Slik | 504QF-II Tripod System | 615-504 | B&H Photo Video

Don't think it's necessarily any better value than the one you've suggested, which looks pretty good from the reviews.

I've tended to steer clear of the 'named' tripods -- you usually pay a bit over the top for the 'designer label' aspect of some makes, IMHO! :)

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom