Looking for a sturdy tripod and fluid head combo. Budget £300. Suggestions?

Mysticpuma

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, I know that's a low price in comparison to the Vinten range of tripods and fluid heads, but it's the budget I have.

Generally I know that there is rarely a "Something for nothing" choice, but I found this one:

Konig Heavy Duty Professional Video Camera Tripod with: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

for just £105.00

Video of results here:

YouTube - Sony HDR HC1 A1E Footage with Konig Fluid Head Tripod

Now that is, to phrase "The Duke" "Cheap as chips!"

Well within budget, but I did read TwistingTornado's comment on the video page and it would appear that any user control of the camera (at long lens) results in a slight wobble?

Looking at heads only, I am considering the Manfrotto 701HDV or 501HDV (which is better...there's only one way to find out! Fightttttttt!!!) but I think that the 501HDV will suit the Panasonic HMC151 better. The problem I have is that I really like the 501HDV head, but finding a sturdy tripod to go with it is really confusing me!

So, the budget is £300, are there any suggestions from tripod users with fluid-head set up that you can recommend?

Cheers, MP

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Okay, does anyone here use a fluid-head tripod? Looking for recommendations.

Cheers, MP

I use a Slik 504, which I have been very pleased with. Gets some pretty good reviews here: Slik | 504QF-II Tripod System | 615-504 | B&H Photo Video

Don't think it's necessarily any better value than the one you've suggested, which looks pretty good from the reviews.

I've tended to steer clear of the 'named' tripods -- you usually pay a bit over the top for the 'designer label' aspect of some makes, IMHO! :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom