Looking for a sports/fitness buddy for various sports VR games on such as Eleven or Racket Fury

TheyCallMeTJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

I have a PSVR and Quest 2. On PSVR have lost several pounds during lockdown, playing Racket Fury with a regular buddy. We set time and day and meet up 3-4 times a week for average one hour sessions.

Making specific timed arrangements for matches and being competitive with sports partners, drives my enthusiasm and purpose. It prevents me from getting lazy when I have a commitment to play someone at a specific time.

Having a sports partner really helps to drive fitness or weight loss goals. I know this because when my buddy went on a long term trip to another country to stay with family, he didnt bring his headset with him. As a result, I had no motivation and put on weight again! You know what the irony is? I am a qualified Personal Fitness trainer...albeit not a practicing one now, obviously, and reason is...I hate exercising, lol. I just get no motivation in exercising but in sports, motivation is in overdrive because we compete, we want to win, there is an immediate goal to achieve. But striaght after a sports session I have a lot of adrenaline which I use to motivate myself to do resistance exercises. Resistance exercises is still important to strengthen your body, and serves to improve your sporting prowess and stamina while the sports sessions act as cardio.

Anway, I am particularly keen on Racket Fury simulation mode on PSVR (my favourite table tennis version for smoothest VR immersion due to PSVR's 120Hz framerate) or Eleven on Quest 2 (which I think is cross playable with PCVR version...not sure). I am very good at all the VR table tennis games.

I also have Creed on PSVR, Thrill of the Fight on Quest and I am open to purchasing other sports games that you play and recommend if you keen to be sports buddy with me.

We could also turn this thread into a general VR sports buddy matching thread if Mods allow this, please advise and I will change the title and opening post to reflect.

My PSN is TheyCallMeTej and my Oculus name is YouCanCallMeTJ

I might be up for a tentative table tennis game. I have both Racket Fury, and Eleven, although I only play Eleven because it’s so much better. I’m crap at table tennis, and also need to get fitter. Maybe we can schedule a game and see how it goes? Obviously, if there is a gulf in our abilities then that’s the end of that :laugh:.

I might be up for a tentative table tennis game. I have both Racket Fury, and Eleven, although I only play Eleven because it’s so much better. I’m crap at table tennis, and also need to get fitter. Maybe we can schedule a game and see how it goes? Obviously, if there is a gulf in our abilities then that’s the end of that :laugh:.

Sure, I'll PM you to arrange a session!

Maybe someone should setup AV VR Fitness club?

Hi guys

I have a PSVR and Quest 2. On PSVR have lost several pounds during lockdown, playing Racket Fury with a regular buddy. We set time and day and meet up 3-4 times a week for average one hour sessions.

Making specific timed arrangements for matches and being competitive with sports partners, drives my enthusiasm and purpose. It prevents me from getting lazy when I have a commitment to play someone at a specific time.

Having a sports partner really helps to drive fitness or weight loss goals. I know this because when my buddy went on a long term trip to another country to stay with family, he didnt bring his headset with him. As a result, I had no motivation and put on weight again! You know what the irony is? I am a qualified Personal Fitness trainer...albeit not a practicing one now, obviously, and reason is...I hate exercising, lol. I just get no motivation in exercising but in sports, motivation is in overdrive because we compete, we want to win, there is an immediate goal to achieve. But striaght after a sports session I have a lot of adrenaline which I use to motivate myself to do resistance exercises. Resistance exercises is still important to strengthen your body, and serves to improve your sporting prowess and stamina while the sports sessions act as cardio.

Anway, I am particularly keen on Racket Fury simulation mode on PSVR (my favourite table tennis version for smoothest VR immersion due to PSVR's 120Hz framerate) or Eleven on Quest 2 (which I think is cross playable with PCVR version...not sure). I am very good at all the VR table tennis games.

I also have Creed on PSVR, Thrill of the Fight on Quest and I am open to purchasing other sports games that you play and recommend if you keen to be sports buddy with me.

We could also turn this thread into a general VR sports buddy matching thread if Mods allow this, please advise and I will change the title and opening post to reflect.

My PSN is TheyCallMeTej and my Oculus name is YouCanCallMeTJ
How’s it going?
still playing eleven?
up for a game at random times I like the game and gets me moving !

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom