Looking for a small, cheapish power amp

rauer

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm upgrading my desktop PC's audio gear and need a power amp for that. This isn't my primary or even secondary music system but just my normal desktop PC with some background music etc. Currently I have a half-decent DAC and a pair of KEF eggs. All I need is a small 2-channel power amp for the desktop. Due to the location (desktop) it should be small (and not quite terrible loooking) and due to the use it should be cheapish.

Any suggestions? The Flying moles seem somewhat interesting but aren't quite cheap enough. A Behringer A500 is in the right price range but not necessarily _the_ amp to have on a desk. I might even try an integrated Super T-amp, but after the shipping, taxes etc. it may not be a bargain after all.

So, where to look? Thanks!

Thanks, miceri. Interesting stuff, cheap and small. However, not exactly what I had in mind. I'm looking for a "real" amp with AC power.

Try a second hand cyrus of ebay, a power or linkpower or smartpower small and all under 300GBP.

Ralphmalph, the Cyrus looks _very_ interesting. Not being from the UK does complicate things a bit wrt Ebay, but certainly worth having a look.

you can buy a linkpower brand new off a retailer for 250 GBp and if you pay by credit card they will ship to Europe

Thanks again. After all I ended up going the other route, ordered a pair of active Genelec 8020A monitors yesterday.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom