Looking for a small 5.1 kit with no DVD player

Hi,

I'm looking for a small 5.1 kit with no DVD player with a budget of £150-£200, I'd like it in black to match my Sammy HDTV, PS3 and 360 Elite. When I mean small I don't want a massive sub and the 5 speakers need to be satellite, not floor standing.

Any ideas?

Thanks. :)

Thanks, I've found some decent Sony and Smasung ones with DVD for that money, it's just hard to find them without DVD.

jacobw

Standard Member
If Selix will forgive me piggybacking onto his thread, I too am looking for a 5.1 set in that price range with no DVD.

The only issue is, I'll be using my speakers for classical music as well as home theatre, and the reviews suggest that the Logitech favor big, booty-shaking bass at the expense of mid-range sounds. Since the music I listen to tends to have a fair amount of dynamic range, I'm wondering if the Z5500 might be a little thin in the middle.

Is that a fair conclusion? If so, any suggestions for a system that might have a little less impressive bass but has better mid-range sounds?

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
ill move this to the All-in-Ones forum.

dalar

If Selix will forgive me piggybacking onto his thread, I too am looking for a 5.1 set in that price range with no DVD.

The only issue is, I'll be using my speakers for classical music as well as home theatre, and the reviews suggest that the Logitech favor big, booty-shaking bass at the expense of mid-range sounds. Since the music I listen to tends to have a fair amount of dynamic range, I'm wondering if the Z5500 might be a little thin in the middle.

Is that a fair conclusion? If so, any suggestions for a system that might have a little less impressive bass but has better mid-range sounds?

Simply read the reviews, you'll find people love the crisp clear clarity, especially at this price point.... whats more is, logitech have given you a huuuuge sub so that you can hit those really low freqs <50Hz

Plus a lot of people note that they have put the volume very high and experienced very little, if any distortion from the units!

:thumbsup:

nick501

Distinguished Member
No, only 1 optical, 1 coax and PC input. you can get normal red/white audio into it with an adaptor though. (which can give pro logic 2)

oh and the sub is massive. (13" x 13" x 18")

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom