Looking for a simple amplifier, not chunky AV receiver, for my mother.
- Decent quality. She has a reasonably decent old pair of Celestion Model 5 speakers, so something that drives them well.
- Optical input - plan is she'll run the radio and TV from the TV through to the speakers, so being able to take an optical out from the TV is essential.
- Analogue and Phono in - she has a CD player and record player she still uses, so inputs for these two.
- Very simple operation - her current amp has two knobs - input selector and volume control. No other buttons (apart from power), no screen, no menus. Lets keep it simple that way.
- Remote control - to save her getting up to turn those knobs, and being able to control the volume of the amplifier whilst watching the TV, a remote control would be good. BONUS if its something similarly simple, or she can use the same remote for the smart TV as the amplifier.
- Available from a UK retailer - obviously no good if its only available in the US!