Looking for a silver & transparent power amplifier for Chord Dave

Tension255

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I just got a Chord Dave a few days ago, and using Yamaha as-1200 (main in) as a power amp. Speakers are B&W 606s2 (will be upgraded to 706s2 in Dec.) The sound is good, particularly even at a low volume. I am wondering if there is any good power amp (silver color) that works well with Dave.

From what I searched, Parasound A 23+ (I am quite curious about this one), Some old chord amp, Music fidelity m6s (only silver front), or Audiolab 8300 XP, or Benchmark ahb2?

2-3k Euro would be ideal.

As a power amp it should do no coloration, but maintain the focus imaging & sound stage from Dave, am I right?

Thanks a lot!
best,
T.

Last edited:
9k DAC, 2k amp and 600 quid speakers, upgrading to 1k. I suppose that's a way of splitting one's budget.

If you want transparent then have a look at the Purifi Based class D amp modules (1ET400 typically) that are around, Nad C298 uses them, Nord Acoustics have a range of them as well. Others also include March Audio, Apollon, VTV and Audiophonics. These are probably about as close to a wire with gain as you will get plus they have loads of power, high damping factors so will drive pretty much any speaker.

If you go for ones with a buffer in the coir unit you can tailor the sound a little, info on a couple of options on the Nord website.

Silver dial mono or monblocks with a choice of buffer - Nord Purifi 1ET400A Amplifiers

9k DAC, 2k amp and 600 quid speakers, upgrading to 1k. I suppose that's a way of splitting one's budget.
I cannot afford a 9k DAC but got this one from a friend. So it is actually 4/2.5/1.5 budget split. At least, the DAC upgrade is done. ;-)

If you want transparent then have a look at the Purifi Based class D amp modules (1ET400 typically) that are around, Nad C298 uses them, Nord Acoustics have a range of them as well. Others also include March Audio, Apollon, VTV and Audiophonics. These are probably about as close to a wire with gain as you will get plus they have loads of power, high damping factors so will drive pretty much any speaker.

If you go for ones with a buffer in the coir unit you can tailor the sound a little, info on a couple of options on the Nord website.

Silver dial mono or monblocks with a choice of buffer - Nord Purifi 1ET400A Amplifiers
Thanks! Any class A/B recommendations? I have some class D ones on another setup. Want to us A/B for this time.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom