Question Looking for a second hand soundbar for less than £450 with an emphasis on music. Monitor Audio ASB10 / Q Acoustics M4 / Dali etc

Jswain90

Standard Member
Evening all,

Due to a lack of funds and now not working, im selling my Sony STR DN1080 amplifier to replace it with a decent second hand soundbar.

I’ll be looking at buying second hand due to the above situation.

I currently have a Kef 3005 setup in my main lounge which is great for movies. This soundbar will be used with my LG55 B8 Oled in the family room.

-I will be using it through the smart TV mainly
-Needs to be an active soundbar
-It would be nice to have Bluetooth for pairing to phones
-I like a nice rich sound so I would like it to perform with a good music bias
- Good at filling a room size 10.5m x 3.8m
-Option for an external subwoofer
- 1 x HDMI if possible

With lockdown viewing is not an option.

I love Monitor Audio / KEF products and have seen the Monitor Audio ASB10 although there doesn’t appear to be an abundance of reviews.

The Q acoustics M4 seems to get great reviews for music and TV. Although I know there are a few draw backs with this unit. Seriously interested in this

I believe Dali soundbars are good for music and tv, it don’t know much about them.

I’d prefer not to get a sonos soundbar as I personally have always found them a bit unnatural sounding.

If anyone has some advice based on the above then I would appreciate the feedback.

Thanks

keithwiggins

Evening all,

Due to a lack of funds and now not working, im selling my Sony STR DN1080 amplifier to replace it with a decent second hand soundbar.

I’ll be looking at buying second hand due to the above situation.

I currently have a Kef 3005 setup in my main lounge which is great for movies. This soundbar will be used with my LG55 B8 Oled in the family room.

-I will be using it through the smart TV mainly
-Needs to be an active soundbar
-It would be nice to have Bluetooth for pairing to phones
-I like a nice rich sound so I would like it to perform with a good music bias
- Good at filling a room size 10.5m x 3.8m
-Option for an external subwoofer
- 1 x HDMI if possible

With lockdown viewing is not an option.

I love Monitor Audio / KEF products and have seen the Monitor Audio ASB10 although there doesn’t appear to be an abundance of reviews.

The Q acoustics M4 seems to get great reviews for music and TV. Although I know there are a few draw backs with this unit. Seriously interested in this

I believe Dali soundbars are good for music and tv, it don’t know much about them.

I’d prefer not to get a sonos soundbar as I personally have always found them a bit unnatural sounding.

If anyone has some advice based on the above then I would appreciate the feedback.

Thanks
there is also a kef soundbar , i have seen it on ebay for about 250 new, it had great reviews in its day. i have a ma asb2 which i connect to a amz dot for sound in a bedroom system, pretty good bar for not a lot second hand, the best sound and for the most cost will probably be a dali, i have also seen blusounds bars come up for circa 300 there pretty decent as well. b&w panarama also worth considering.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J Thoughts, madVR Processor & Sonus faber Lumina II Reviews + Movie & TV roundup
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom