Question Looking for a replacement to my Denon X2000

EeK9X

Novice Member
So, my Denon AVR-X2000 has died an untimely death.

I'm now shopping for a replacement. At first, I considered sticking with Denon and was interested in either the X3300W or the X4300H. Now, however, I'm thinking that switching to a different brand may be a better idea, since I had a terrible experience with my previous device.

What would be your receiver recommendations in the £1,000.00 range?

I'm currently on a 6.1 setup with in-ceiling JBL speakers. I intend on upgrading to a 7.2.4 setup in the future (making use of some of those in-ceiling speakers for Atmos), so having enough pre-amps would be nice, even if I have to add an extra amp for the last two channels.

Requirements are 4K/60p (including for the OSD - something which the Denons below the X3300W don't support) and HDR compatibility. My main use will be watching movies and playing games.

All advice is welcomed. Thanks in advance.

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
It might help if you can put some prices here about the competitors. We have no idea how much similar Yamaha/Marantz avr cost there in Brazil.

I would look these for future 7.2.4;

Denon X4300H 9.2 avr up to 7.1.4 with add. 2ch amplifier. Out of the box 7.1.2-ch or 5.1.4-ch.
Marantz SR7011 same ^
Yamaha RX-A3060 same^

Dante`s post about Yamaha;

The RXA1060 is only a 7 channel receiver and you cannot add external amps to fascilitate a 7.1.2 or 7.1.4 setup. Both the DEnon and the Marantz are 9 channel receivers out of the box with 11 channel processing that allows you to add a further 2 channels of external amplification for a full 7.1.4 setup should you want one. The RXA2060 is a 9 channel receiver, but still cannot give you anything more than a 7.1.2 or a 5.1.4 setup. Also note that the RXA1060's second HDMI zone ability is limited to stereo and the receiver cannot passthrough multichannel audio via HDMI to a second zone. THe RXA2060, SR7011 and the AVRX4300 all facilitate multichannel audio passthrough to a second HDMI zone. Yes, the RXA2060 is more comparable to the SR7011 and the AVRX4300, but only the RXA3060 includes the ability to process as many channels as the AVRX4300 or the SR7011.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom