1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a recorder with 2x scart

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by gavan, Apr 20, 2005.

1. gavan

gavan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +286
    Hi,

I'm looking for a DVD recorder with a twin scart (for digibox passthrough and recording). Most of the ones I see seem to have only one scart socket which is pretty strange considering that not so long ago, most _players_ boasted twin scarts for passthrough.

Also I'd like a HD with decent editing features. Capacity isn't so important, 80 GB would be more than enough. +/- compatiblity would be a bonus.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Also - any good online review sites for these machines?

Cheers,

Gav

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,261
    Gavan,

The best models to look at for this are Panasonic, Toshiba or Pioneer DVD recorders. Samsung, Sony, LG and Hitachi also offer decent editing but not quite as slick as those from the above. Avoid Philips, Liteon or other 'cheap' brands.

The (new) Panasonic and all Sony models offer this. However don't get too hung up on this issue. The bottomline is a 'minus' only DVD recorder (such as Toshiba or Pioneer models) will produce DVDs that play on virtually all DVD players.

Have a look at the 'Which DVD Recorder?' link in my siganture for answers to basic DVD Recorder FAQs (the link will be updated in the next fortnight or so to include the new Panasonic range).

3. gavan

gavan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +286
    Cheers - a useful page. Seems like most recorders have some sort of annoying gotcha though. No such thing as the perfect model it seems.

Gavan