Looking for a really really cheap LCD 26"+ for the summer house

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Yakboy, Aug 2, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Yakboy

Yakboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Folks,

I need to get a TV for the summer house I have almost finished completion of. I really want an LCD (as all the other 5 screens in the house are flat) or plasma but for once I don't really care about the quality, connectivity wise I only need any sort of TV in (S-vid, scart, composite) for a little bit of TV watching and either component or VGA for the xbox (XBMC don't care about games).

Just looking for a bargain really... doesn't even need to be 16:9 (my god, that's the first time I have said that in like 5 years!) or HD (wohhh... been saying that one for like 2 years). Don't suppose anyone has seen any dross kicking about?

Thanks in advance people.... I realise this isn't the normal sort of request on these forums :) and it certainly isn't my normal sort of request..

2. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,096
    Hi,

I've seen some pretty cheap LCDs at the likes of Asda, Sainsburys,etc. If you aren't bothered about HD or even widescreen:eek: Can't think of anything specific right now, but it's worth a look.

3. JOLLYGREENGIANT

JOLLYGREENGIANT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    :thumbsup:
    There is plenty of dross about... hows about a refurbed Bexo HD 26" for £305 with 12 month warranty:

http://www.microdirect.co.uk/ProductInfo.aspx?ProductID=12001&source=Kelkoo

Cheapest i've seen so far.. I,ve never had so much fun surfing!!! Its better than drooling over the Sony x series anyday!:thumbsup:

4. dingwall

dingwall
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Richer Sounds still have a couple of Sharp 26P50's for £400 if you want to splash out!

5. Yakboy

Yakboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    CHeers JollyGreen Ding and Kelvin all cracking ideas.

I'll take a look at the Sharp at RS, defo check out the 'Bexo' (god it sounds awful... so should be ideal ;) ) and I'm going to take a cruise of the supermarkets at the weekend.

I was surfing ebay earlier thinking i would find a deluge of early SD LCD's from everyone upgrading for the worldcup... did I find anything.... yeah sort of... ended up looking at small sony CRT widescreen trinitrons. Which is mad as I only just got rid of my 28" Sony a short while ago.

But I always loved the baby widescreen trinies.

Thanks again folks.

Anyone else?

6. Will4long

Will4long
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Try Asda with their Dual brand.

I liked the look of the Dual 26". Cant mind the exact price but was pretty reasonable considering it did have built in freeview etc.

What is your max budget..? Have you set one.?

7. Yakboy

Yakboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    cheers Will, I'll have a butchers at lunch tomorrow if I get a chance.

I haven't really set a budget but I want to get a cheap amp, speakers, digibox and the TV all for less than £500. Looking at <£200 for the speakers n amp.. digibox's are basically free these days aren't they? So I am looking at approx £300 for the TV.

I'm bidding on some slightly damaged Acoustic something or other that looks to be the same as that beko and indeed goodmans.

I'm still on the hunt! Anyone else spotted some dross at a decent price?