1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a progressive signal capture solution

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by tamiya, Sep 15, 2004.

1. tamiya

tamiya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, guys
    I just got here. I hope you can give me some hints on this topic. Say i want to capture progressive signal from XBOX with component output. What card should I get?

I know the sweetspot take component input, but it won't take progressive signal. :nono: too bad...

I run a search over the web, i found this: DeckLink HD. This baby takes HD signal up to 720p/1080i. :clap: but unfortunately from the connection diagram, seems like it only take SDI input :confused:

[​IMG]

I just wondering is there any card can take a component progressive signal ?
    :lease:

Thx a lot

2. SeaneyC

SeaneyC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    The Holograph3D HD takes all manner of HD signals over various inputs, i'm sure it takes it over COmponent too.

3. tamiya

tamiya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thank you for reply. Can you post some links that give more info on this Holograph3D HD ? I've searched on google can't find anything useful.

One more thing is how much is this "Holograph3D HD"? The DeckLink HD i mentioned only $595 consider a affordable price. I don't want something more than $1000 etc...

4. SeaneyC

SeaneyC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    try looking over at the american avs forum, there's loads of info on it there.

5. David PluggedIn

David PluggedIn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi Tamiya

Why not just take an interlaced output from the Xbox via either component or RGBS, or is it that you want hi def capture?
    cheers

6. tamiya

tamiya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well, let's say I just want to capture progressive scan signal.
    I've been use the general PCTV card which have S-video input. I'm looking for a better capture quality. I don't think SweetSpot card with component input has significant improvements on capture quality by just using interlace signal.

Well, I happy to see if anyone use SweetSpot prove me wrong. :D

7. David PluggedIn

David PluggedIn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi Tamiya

We have a number of video game companies that use SweetSpot for the very purpose that you are describing, the capture of game footage for the creation of demo reels etc.

The comparison you are making to the SVideo capture *is* the whole point of SweetSpot, the vast majority of budget TV cards have video capture as really an afterthought, and the quality suffers as a result.
    SweetSpot uses the same A-D converter as the Holograph 3d card that you mentioned (which is now discontinued by the way), but at a fraction of the price. Therefore for capture of 576i and 480i sources then there is no better solution available!

The other issue is whether or not the de-interlacing is best done in your XBox or by DScaler, I havent tested this directly myself but it seems unlikely that it would be up to the quality that DScaler produces (which is again seen as the best software solution available)

Have a look at http://www.pluggedin.tv/sweetspot/reviews/index.html and that will give you an idea of how the combination performs.

good luck!

8. tamiya

tamiya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK. I will give a try. I live in U.S.
    Any U.S. distributor you recommend?

9. David PluggedIn

David PluggedIn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    well we ship worldwide, a 5 day service is standard to the US, cost is just USD8, or you can have a 1-2 day service at around USD40. When you checkout of the store you can select USD as your currency. Hope that helps

regards

10. tamiya

tamiya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  11. David PluggedIn

David PluggedIn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi Tamiya

As you can imagine we cannot speak for other companies, the best thing to do is contact them and check out the shipping costs etc.

good luck

12. SeaneyC

SeaneyC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    The Xbox doesn't need to de-interlace, it's a progressive native device, the progressive picture from games will be better than the picture via d-scaler without a doubt. Of course, the game must support progressive progressive resolutions for this.