1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a portable widescreen television, max 20".

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by dp5af, Jan 23, 2002.

1. dp5af

dp5af

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I want to buy a portable widescreen but I have been unable to find one on the market. The smallest I have found is 24" which is too large for my needs.

If anyones knows of a manufacturer who makes potable widescreens please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Darren.

2. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +145
    I don't think anybody makes them, which is surprising really, I would of thought there would of been a market. I'm sure there are lots of kids who got a DVD player for Xmas.

However with the new FTA STBs which are going on sale in March which are ideal for your Kitchen, bedroom, Hotel set up then if these take off then maybe manufactures might re-think.

If they did, I would guess they would still have to be about 19" in size to compare with your average 4:3 portable TV.

3. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,975
    Yep, small 16x9 TVs are like rocking horse sh*t.

If money is no object, Panasonic make a 15" 16x9 TV. It's a gorgeous piece of kit, and there's also a 22in version. Model TX15LT2 and TX22LT2. RRPs are 1500 and 2500 respectively.

Oh, and they are LCD devices, so they are thin and light.

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Makro are currently selling the little panny (must be the 15") for £999 ex VAT.

Mark

5. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sony use to do 16" 16x9 my parents got one for the kitchen.......think they paid £269.........it's perfect ...don't know why they stopped doing them.......Maybe the widescreen market wasn't as big then as it is now.......so there was not much call for them.........could be a good time to bring them back....if they did i'd buy one.........!!