Looking for a new TV

Sanmiguel80

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I bought a new TV a few weeks ago (Sony KD49XH81) which has since stopped working. I’m in the process of sending it back. Turned out to be a bit of a blessing, as I was kind of regretting it as I wanted something a bit bigger and with HDMI 2.1. Anyway… I turned towards the LG 55NANO886 which seemed to fit the bill, but seems it has been either discontinued, not in stock or well overpriced now. So I wondered if there was an equivalent TV around, because I can’t seem to find anything like it?

ideally, looking for a 55” with HDMI 2.1 for around the £600 mark?

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

If you can find this tv its prob one of the best around this price.

its a bad time to get a tv at the mo prices are high as new versions have gone on sale.

Ok, cheers. I’ll have a look.
Are there any Bridget-mid range TV’s that support HDMI 2.1?

Nano86/85, Sony XH9005 or Samsung Q70T are the cheapest paths to HDMI 2.1.

Be careful with LGs since some of their 2021-22 models have the similar model numbers as 2020-21. So models that have Nano86 are 2020 and should be good value, whilst models that are Nano88 are 2021 and overpriced currently.

Problem is the timing, it may be hard now to find good value 2020 stock, leaving you only choosing from poor value newer models.

Nano86/85, Sony XH9005 or Samsung Q70T are the cheapest paths to HDMI 2.1.

Be careful with LGs since some of their 2021-22 models have the similar model numbers as 2020-21. So models that have Nano86 are 2020 and should be good value, whilst models that are Nano88 are 2021 and overpriced currently.

Problem is the timing, it may be hard now to find good value 2020 stock, leaving you only choosing from poor value newer models.

You mean for example the LG Nano866NA ? That's a good value TV ?

You mean for example the LG Nano866NA ? That's a good value TV ?
That's a 2021 model probably. 2020 ones will be sold as Nano86 or Nano85. As always with new 2021 stock at this time of year they are usually not good value to buy, due to heightened release prices.

its a bad time to get a tv at the mo prices are high as new versions have gone on sale.
I have seen some 2021 models which already have price drops of £50-100.

According to (dutch) tech site Tweakers (LG 55NANO866NA Zwart - Prijzen - Tweakers) it's a 2020 model (see tab "kenmerken" (properties) and then "introductie jaar" (introduction year)
This is the problem, they have the same model numbers. You can see the same TV is a 2021 model on LGs website here: LG 55NANO866PA | LG Benelux Nederlands

The 2020 model was usually sold as Nano86 or Nano85. If you see Nano866pa its probably the 2021 model.

Not sure if tweakers have their database wrong, maybe its picking up the 2021 model as the 2020 one, or they forgot to update the info. Or simply they are tricked by LG using the same model number.

This is the problem, they have the same model numbers. You can see the same TV is a 2021 model on LGs website here: LG 55NANO866PA | LG Benelux Nederlands

The 2020 model was usually sold as Nano86 or Nano85. If you see Nano866pa its probably the 2021 model.

Not sure if tweakers have their database wrong, maybe its picking up the 2021 model as the 2020 one, or they forgot to update the info. Or simply they are tricked by LG using the same model number.
Mhhhh that could be possible, I see that NA has Edge lit, PA is direct lit. But seems that PA is oke, NA is less oke

the Samsung should be OK for SDR stuff.

Mhhhh that could be possible, I see that NA has Edge lit, PA is direct lit. But seems that PA is oke, NA is less oke
I woudln't worry about direct/edge. Only really means something when you have high tier TVs with FALD systems. Nano86 is a mid tier TV.

Saying ‘HDMI 2.1’ doesn’t really mean anything unless you define which Features you need support for as most Features are optional, best to outline which Features you require when specifying the new TV.

Joe

I woudln't worry about direct/edge. Only really means something when you have high tier TVs with FALD systems. Nano86 is a mid tier TV.
Oke, thanks. So it seems that in the Netherlands, the LG 55NANO866NA is named in Canada and US NANO85

For example, the recent 65NANO906NA, can be broken down as:

Size: 65
Display: NanoCell
Model number: 90
Three digit code: 6NA (region, tuner, design)

So if I am correct, this review from rtings.com (LG NANO85 Review (49NANO85UNA, 55NANO85UNA, 65NANO85UNA, 75NANO85UNA)) should also be valid for the Nano86(6NA). Sometimes to confusing that they release (same) models with different numbers :)

They are the same model as the Nano85 yes.
They do no have good HDR, from LG that's only their OLEDs. Don't buy TVs of this quality for HDR.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom