Looking for a new tv

The Eggman72

Prominent Member
Reaction score
As per title. .looking to replace my aging
XBR-55X850C Sony 4k set ..was looking at the Hisense u8g but the UK version is vastly inferior to its USA counterpart. Anyone got any recommendations ? None oled ..thanks

Last edited:
Sony 55XH9505 or Samsung 80T/90T/95T

I'm looking for a 65". also the lack of no Dolby vision steers me away from Samsung..

Ok 65xh9505

Ok 65xh9505
Had a nosey can't find any reviews by anyone with any salt. You know of any sir ? Just looked it's an ips panel with poor off centre viewing angles.. I'd like to try something like a va panel ...

Last edited:
Had a nosey can't find any reviews by anyone with any salt. You know of any sir ? Just looked it's an ips panel with poor off centre viewing angles.. I'd like to try something like a va panel ...
All XH9505 are VA panels and the 55" and larger sizes have a widè angle viewing enhancement. For reviews see rtings.com, (X950H is same TV as sold in USA and Canada) or HDTVtest.
As Vickster says it is the obvious TV for you. However hurry befoŕe they go out of stock. See John Lewis, Richer Sounds, Seven Oaks Hi Fi, Costco etc. for best prices. TV comes with 5 years Sony warranty.
Both Vickster and I have XH9505's and are delighted with them.

All XH9505 are VA panels and the 55" and larger sizes have a widè angle viewing enhancement. For reviews see rtings.com, (X950H is same TV as sold in USA and Canada) or HDTVtest.
As Vickster says it is the obvious TV for you. However hurry befoŕe they go out of stock. See John Lewis, Richer Sounds, Seven Oaks Hi Fi, Costco etc. for best prices. TV comes with 5 years Sony warranty.
Both Vickster and I have XH9505's and are delighted with them.
Is it last year's model ? ..?

Not that I need them to be, but the viewing angles on the 55 inch model are brilliant.

Is it last year's model ? ..?
2020 yes but there is no evidence as yet that this years model XJ is any real improvement over last years model and is only just appearing in shops.
Also price will be much higher and you will have to wait for black Friday in Nov or Jan Sales for prices to come down to reasonable levels.

What’s your budget? And uses for the TV? Why don’t you want oled especially if wide angles are a priority?

If you use the search function, there’s oodles of discussion on the Sony models
Eg 2020 XH9505 or 2021 X90/94J?

Last edited:
2020 yes but there is no evidence as yet that this years model XJ is any real improvement over last years model and is only just appearing in shops.
Also price will be much higher and you will have to wait for black Friday in Nov or Jan Sales for prices to come down to reasonable levels.
I was looking at the top end led range....

What’s your budget? And uses for the TV? Why don’t you want oled especially if wide angles are a priority?

If you use the search function, there’s oodles of discussion on the Sony models
Eg 2020 XH9505 or 2021 X90/94J?
It's connected to a htpc and grandchild watches stuff with logos..until they cover by warranty or eliminate screen burn I'm staying well clear..

The Sony XH9505 is an LCD panel. It's the top end of 2020 models and around half the price of what it was at launch and the new 2021 models are.

The Sony XH9505 is an LCD panel. It's the top end of 2020 models and around half the price of what it was at launch and the new 2021 models are.
Will have a nosey thanks .you got any reputable reviews on it sir ?

Have you browsed the very extensive owners thread?
Bear in mind there’s no perfect TV for every use of any format or price

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom