Looking for a new TV

AVtyke

Novice Member
I hope someone can give me some help. Ive been looking for a new TV since my Panasonic Plasma 42 inch croaked after 11 years. Im looking to spend 400-500. Size wise id be looking for something similar to the last TV. Ive been comparing for the last couple of weeks and going round in circles as it seems for every TV there are issues so ive not been massively impressed. Just need a reliable tv. One that can handle motion well. I have an amp and speakers that i usually hook up to the TV so sound doesnt have to be top notch. I use a Youview box for streaming and recording.
Any tips on finding a good replacement please

What ive found so far is
Panasonics apparently arent what they used to be in regards to build which i would be used to.
LG has issues with certain apps eg ITV Hub which seems a bit dissappointing for a new TC
Samsung doesnt have Freeview Play and has too much advertising in their own verstion
Sony are overpriced and the TV i looked at was regarded as outdated
HiSense are a bit of a new kid on the block - so not sure whether to take a chance

Last edited:

Dodgexander

There's no such thing as a perfect TV, especially at lower price brackets. The main drawback being the introduction of HDR and the fact cheaper TVs have problems displaying it.

All the best buys are ranked in my guide here:

For instance, you could choose to go with the Hisense U7Q and pair it with a fire stick or similar if you aren't satisfied with the smart TV built in.

vickster

Distinguished Member
LG 43LM6300 comes with the catch up apps being a 2019 model (and around £300)

The Hisense models seem to have a bad rep for motion handling?

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom