• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question looking for a new TV..

wy2k

Standard Member
Hello,
in 3 to 4 months time I'm looking to buy a new tv, due to my 2015 Sony 43 W756CSU getting a crack inside the screen (when I moved house recently) giving me vertical lines so really unwatchable.
This is has made me worried about buying a new tv, but at the same time, i need a decent TV!

Anyway, I'm after I believe a smart (with all the apps you would expect) 4k TV 49"-55" with 4 HDMI's at the standard i will need, budget up to £850, I currently have sky+ plus HD and a PS4 so I obviously need it to be good for games. I might in the future I most likely will think about getting SKY Q, 4k disc player etc. Also I think main brands to consider are Sony,Panasonic and Samsung?
I've heard buzzwords like Dolby vision and HDR certified,HLG (so HDR can be broadcast? currently it can't be?).
So the TV needs to be good when I get it, and for years to come and support whatever is thrown at it i.e., XYZ no can't watch this XYZ isn't supported or xyz can't be viewed at its best for whatever reason.

sorry for going on abit hope you can help

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom