Looking for a new Projector, Sony? Panasonic etc?

flaperise

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been severely put off the JVC due to the bulb issues, Even though the black levels on them are staggering, I'm still concerned on whether they have resolved the bulb issues?

their 3K Projectors are outstanding for the Price.

Current projectors of my interest and due to budget, I don't want to pay insane amounts.

Liking the Panasonic AE6000, Unsure of it's actual price as I've seen some at £1,900. However from the other thread about the Rumor of Panasonic Pulling out of the Home Cinema Area I'm worried about support and parts in years to come for it.

Sony, but again Heard and seen they are really expensive. I'm still waiting to see what the Optoma HD30 is like, Even with Optoma stating it's available and Richer sounds saying they have none at all, no Reviews up for it yet. I'm aware that it's Dark Chip 3 so I'll be interested to see how good the black levels are.

Yes I know they will be no where in equivelent to what the JVC can do. I'm just looking to getting a Second Projector, I'm loving my HD20, only draw back is that the Black levels on this aren't that good, but I'd like to have (Daddy) Projector for kind of special occasions. I used to have two before but the HD65 died.

New projectors of my interest and to use is very well.

I think the Sony projector is well. But again Heard and seen they are really expensive. You are watching it what the Optima HD30 is like. It is setting available and Richer sounds saying.

New projectors of my interest and to use is very well.

I think the Sony projector is well. But again Heard and seen they are really expensive. You are watching it what the Optima HD30 is like. It is setting available and Richer sounds saying.

Erm.... What? None of that really makes any sense :confused:

I've been severely put off the JVC due to the bulb issues, Even though the black levels on them are staggering, I'm still concerned on whether they have resolved the bulb issues?

I think the series 3 bulbs have pretty much solved the early dimming problems, certainly I'm at 700 hours on my X7 and it's fine.

Whether this is a good time to buy new, when 4K is on the horizon, is another matter.. :)

+1 on the bulb issue, X30 is 18 months old, around 6-700 hours on the bulb and looks great!

Epson are fairly well regarded as well - if you're going to do some auditioning, 'ave a look at them as well!

Panasonic are not pulling out, this was a rumor which arrived on to these forums last week. I've had it confirmed from Japan that this was just a malicious rumor similar to the Plasma rumor a few months ago.

Projectors to have on your list are:

Epson EH-TW8100, Epson EH-TW9100, Themescene HD83, Panasonic PT-AT6000, Sony VPL-HW50ES and JVC's X35.

All are very good in the right rooms conditions with the JVC performing better in darker rooms and Epson's and Panasonic working better in a less light controlled room.

The Epson is sharper than the Panasonic however the Panasonic's trump card it its ability to outperform even JVC X75 on motion.

The Optoma HD83 is the sharpest and best at 3D thanks to its technology, whereas it has the least flexibility with room placement.

The Sony is the next best at 3D after DLP and certainly give the JVC a run for its money in 2D, The X35 is still the master at black detail and the better the room the better the black details.

Regards, Shane.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom