Looking for a New Mouse

Yes I have the same issue so my G700s wireless mouse is actually now permanently plugged in used as a wired mouse. I used wireless of years and this is my first gaming mouse, I have no excuse now for my abysmal FPS performance.

Whilst I am happy I do have that nagging feeling of could I get a better wired mouse?? How did you get on?

It's sat here on my desk unopened, I only picked it up today. I'll keep you posted.

It's sat here on my desk unopened, I only picked it up today. I'll keep you posted.

And to quote myself, I just gave it a try and it feels pretty good, I have the K70 RGB keyboard too and the software and colour profiles sync with each other.

The sniper button is a real nice addition too.

Hell I might even buy Battlefront for PC at this rate.

Yes I have the same issue so my G700s wireless mouse is actually now permanently plugged in used as a wired mouse. I used wireless of years and this is my first gaming mouse, I have no excuse now for my abysmal FPS performance.

Whilst I am happy I do have that nagging feeling of could I get a better wired mouse?? How did you get on?

Is it a custom non removable battery ? If it is give Logitech a bell.

It really is a shame there isnt a computer store with all mockups of all these mice, surely companies can whip up display models so you can see how it is with the size of your hands.

Is it a custom non removable battery ? If it is give Logitech a bell.

It really is a shame there isnt a computer store with all mockups of all these mice, surely companies can whip up display models so you can see how it is with the size of your hands.

No it comes with 1 AA Eneloop rechargable, if they had made it 2 x AA it wouldn't run out nearly as quick.

No it comes with 1 AA Eneloop rechargable, if they had made it 2 x AA it wouldn't run out nearly as quick.

Only 1, that is surprising for a desktop mouse.

And compared to my old MS Intelli Explorer mouse which use to last months on two AA's its a bit painful if forget to switch it off and then have to plug it in mid game. Mind you to be fair its doing a damn site more in terms of sampling and processing so its probably like comparing a Nokia with today's smart phone for battery power :)

Just in case anybody was interested in the Proteus Mouse its down to £34.99 atm from Amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00IGS9LU8?tag=hotukdealsev-21

Edit
Apparently you can get a free Logitech Mouse Mat quoted at £35 as well if you buy the two together

http://www.hotukdeals.com/visit?hukdm=1650&d=http://www.amazon.co.uk/b/ref=amb_link_203404947_1?ie=UTF8&node=8882333031&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=hero-quick-promo&pf_rd_r=00TM6JDX25W67H4BPSGS&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=780746347&pf_rd_i=B00IGS9LU8

Info is in the comments for the deal which was posted here

Logitech G502 Proteus Core Tunable Gaming Mouse, £34.99 from amazon

I am extremely tempted to pick it up myself.

Edit (This isnt 2nd so didnt put it, I lost count how many times ive edited this lol)

It is also sold for the same price in Currys so if you want the free mouse mat you can go down to currys to see if they have a display model which is what I will probably do tomorrow to get a feel for it.

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Save your money and get Fallout 4 instead. Or the square Enix Xmas bundle. Instantly double your game collection instead :)

Im working with an ancient mouse which has lost its feet and even the grooves the pads went into and 7/10 when I stop the mouse or try to move it slowly in games it twitches on the screen completely messing up aiming and even trying to select stuff, I even have to hold the mouse mat down with the bottom of my hand whilst I move the mouse half the time it an even older ebay logo one they sent me.

I know its the wires in the mouse as it stops when I mess with the wire and if I move the mouse too fast from one side of the screen to the other it just goes full tard on the side of the screen it was on.

So, two pages in and I still don't know the outcome to the thread title.

Did Theydon get a new pet or what? Did he stick with a mouse, or did he upgrade to a gerbil, or even a hamster perhaps?

It's when the OP just leaves us all hanging which really makes me not want to help in future.

Did Theydon get a new pet or what? Did he stick with a mouse, or did he upgrade to a gerbil, or even a hamster perhaps?

It's when the OP just leaves us all hanging which really makes me not want to help in future.

Thanks everyone - I will see if Santa brings me a mouse mat/pad, unlikely unless I actuall buy it myself then give it to the missus or daughter to give back to me.

The mouse is ready to be collected though, so may have to test it before it gets wrapped up - make sure it works of course is the only reason!

Don't know which one he went for though, maybe I missed it.

That one...:)

Mouse looks nice, only thing im not a fan of is those buttons intruding on the left and right click buttons.

Looks like a very sexeh mouse though.

Mouse looks nice, only thing im not a fan of is those buttons intruding on the left and right click buttons.

Looks like a very sexeh mouse though.

I think they'd only be an issue if you hold your mouse with 3 fingers on top. With the usual two, those buttons are just that bit too far to hit them accidentally.

The up/down lever is handy though for turret rotation or roll l/r in flight games. :smashin:

I think they'd only be an issue if you hold your mouse with 3 fingers on top. With the usual two, those buttons are just that bit too far to hit them accidentally.

The up/down lever is handy though for turret rotation or roll l/r in flight games. :smashin:

My middle finger starts half way point on right mouse click and ends up hanging over it on current mouse hehe

My middle finger starts half way point on right mouse click and ends up hanging over it on current mouse hehe

So either your hands are unusually large or you have the whole of your hand off the desk?

Attachments

• 1449702043391.jpg
    1449702043391.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 28

Ah. That particular mouse has a right-offset, hence your fingers falling over the edge. The Tyon is much straighter (it may even be a very slight left-offset) mouse. Best thing would be to go and try one really to see if it suits you or not. :smashin:

I use a palm grip and have no issues at all. In fact, the outer four buttons are sloped inwards to keep your fingers in the correct place.

IRu7OnD.png

Ah. That particular mouse has a right-offset, hence your fingers falling over the edge. The Tyon is much straighter (it may even be a very slight left-offset) mouse. Best thing would be to go and try one really to see if it suits you or not. :smashin:

I use a palm grip and have no issues at all. In fact, the outer four buttons are sloped inwards to keep your fingers in the correct place.

View attachment 654956

Indeed, gonna nip down to Currys tomorrow see what they got.

My current mouse is really ancient, at least 15 years old. The amount of **** my mouse has been through over the years is unbelievable.

For some reason couldn't upload image as attachment on an edit on phone app.

Cant even find out what model it is lol

Attachments

• 1449702757550.jpg
    1449702757550.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 1449702776434.jpg
    1449702776434.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 25
Looks like the iFeel MouseMan.

Seems like it doesn't it, damn thing has lasted very well. It went from me, to my mum then to my dad that used to take it when he done band tours and had it in a WAY overpacked laptop case then back to me and its been dropped, whacked and had countless stuff spilt on it over the years.

It just takes a kicking and keeps on ticking but is starting to lose the fight of age, that twitching thing the mouse pointer does and the fact that if I move the mouse too fast it just doesnt go from one side of the screen to the next it pretty much stays in the vicinity of where it started

Its why I have always had a preference for Logitech stuff, has always been solid gear and their tech support have been A+ for me.

Last I heard he traded in all of his PC gear for a lifetime supply of Tropical Fruit flavoured Bubbilicious.

It is possible though that information isn't wholly accurate, it may have been packets of Space Raiders.

Seems like it doesn't it, damn thing has lasted very well. It went from me, to my mum then to my dad that used to take it when he done band tours and had it in a WAY overpacked laptop case then back to me and its been dropped, whacked and had countless stuff spilt on it over the years.

It just takes a kicking and keeps on ticking but is starting to lose the fight of age, that twitching thing the mouse pointer does and the fact that if I move the mouse too fast it just doesnt go from one side of the screen to the next it pretty much stays in the vicinity of where it started

Its why I have always had a preference for Logitech stuff, has always been solid gear and their tech support have been A+ for me.

I too used to be a big advocate of Logitech but then they started to get boring and churning out identical looking products all the time. That was when I moved over to other manufacturers but it does seem as though they have moved on in the design department. A bit too late for me to go back now but the G500 was in it's day, the only real contender against the excellent but limited MS Intellimouse Explorer 3.0. :smashin:

God my currys is crap, bigass store all old models of mice and keyboards in my local.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom