Looking for a New Mouse

My trusty old Logitech G9 has lasted me well, but is a little worn at the edges now after 5 years of being trapped in my sweaty embrace.

Whats a good mouse (wired) these days? Bonus points for Black Friday deal links.

Looks like the G502 is in Amazon BF later, anyone have that?

wormball

One of the buttons on my G500 was playing up a while ago so I started looking at a new mouse and after doing a bit of reading I'd decided on the G502 but my G500 started working properly again so I didn't bother in the end.

One of the buttons on my G500 was playing up a while ago so I started looking at a new mouse and after doing a bit of reading I'd decided on the G502 but my G500 started working properly again so I didn't bother in the end.
Thanks....I think. :)

Aria has it for £40. Buy it now, or wait till 6pm, find that Amazon has 3 for £38, prime people get their first, go back to Aria and all of them are sold out? :)

wormball

Thanks....I think. :)

Aria has it for £40. Buy it now, or wait till 6pm, find that Amazon has 3 for £38, prime people get their first, go back to Aria and all of them are sold out? :)
Not much help I know :D

If you decided on something else I'd be interested to hear what it is as I couldn't see anything else that tempted me, they either seem to have no buttons (apart from left/right click) or are covered in them.

kav

Distinguished Member
My trusty old Logitech G9 has lasted me well, but is a little worn at the edges now after 5 years of being trapped in my sweaty embrace.

Whats a good mouse (wired) these days? Bonus points for Black Friday deal links.

Looks like the G502 is in Amazon BF later, anyone have that?
I have the G502, though I primarily use a pad. It's an excellent mouse for the money, very solidly built with plenty of buttons and configurable DPI settings that you can switch through at the click of a button. Got it because I was sick and tired of my wireless mouse lagging.

My one gripe is that the button you use to unlock the mouse wheel (for ultra fast scrolling) is right next to the button that changes the DPI, so I often accidentally click the wrong one.

I like the corsair rgb mice but there wired
...I want a wired mouse. Hence Whats a good mouse (wired) these days? :) The RGB would also match my K95 Keyboard...

namuk

Distinguished Member

majnu

My G502 impressions

PC Gaming Upgrade Thread "Return of the Jed Ti"

Moving forward from that post

- Spinning bug has been fixed with a firmware update
- Clicks are not as sensitive as the deathadder which people find too sensitive but if you like to jitter click in games then the Razer is better
- Logitech deny it but there seems to a lighter RGB version out in the wild. Whether this is a myth or fact is unknown, but make of it what you will. I thought i bought a G502 Proteus Core • /r/G502MasterRace
- I found that it had the perfect weight without adding the additional weights but after trying other mice I find that the G502 is actually quite heavy, especially if you are a low sensitivity player or like to lift the mouse during gaming.

DeanE

Distinguished Member
Roccat Kone XTD here, lovely mouse, feels great to use.

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
I really hate the look of the 502, whats wrong with having a complete frame on a mouse lol.

Logitech it seems have lost the plot lately with mouse design like having buttons pretty much on top of the left click.

I wish I could go back in time and pick up some of the old mice that were nice.

JimmyMac

Distinguished Member
I had a wired Roccat myself previously, in a short amount of time the wire began to fray at the point it entered the mouse, all of the sheathing was coming away.

I contacted Roccat customer services about it and they first told me I must have a pet that had damaged it and then after explaining I had no pets at all they just told me that its not something that usually happens so tough luck!

Let's just say you won't be disappointed. ;)
Well just ordered it, so hopefully not! :)

...I am however disappointed that the delivery is next week for some reason. Its a chrimble present, so I cant legally touch it, but still!

boltlock

Distinguished Member
I had a wired Roccat myself previously, in a short amount of time the wire began to fray at the point it entered the mouse, all of the sheathing was coming away.

I contacted Roccat customer services about it and they first told me I must have a pet that had damaged it and then after explaining I had no pets at all they just told me that its not something that usually happens so tough luck!
I've got 4 or 5 Roccat mice now and the only one I had a problem with was the very first Kone. The cabling was fine but the wheel had some issues. They brought out a revised edition which fixed the problem and they've all been great since. No issues with the braiding on any of them.

JimmyMac

Distinguished Member
Must have just been unlucky however I did like the mouse I was just a little disappointed with Roccats response to my issue. I emailed them with photos and an explanation that it was stored carefully when not in use etc and their response was

"I’m having a hard time to believe that this was the result of regular use only. Do you have pets, a cat or Hamster maybe?"

DeanE

Distinguished Member
Admittedly that is a poor response from Roccat, however I can't fault their mice, the Kone XTD I have has been spot on. Hopefully the problem you had was a rare issue and their poor CS a rare blip.

scanz

Distinguished Member
I had a Roccat Kone once and wasn't impressed at all. The build quality felt very poor and fragile and the buttons were very 'clicky', plus the size and shape of it felt a bit strange in my hand (personal issue, but felt worth mentioning).

I know many people look down on them, but I've honestly not had a problem with my Razer Deathadder and Naga. Both are a couple years old now and still work without issues and feel comfortable to use. The Naga is great for games like Gw2 as well ;)

If I was to buy a new mouse now though I would probably go with the Logitech G502 or one of the Corsar RGB's. If you want something simple, then a Steelseries Sensei/Raw or a Zowie.

CraigofScotland

Distinguished Member
Ive just moved to a G403 from a rat9, im rating the logitech mouse over it.

It was on sale in pcworld for 35 notes too.

DeanE

Distinguished Member
I had a Roccat Kone once and wasn't impressed at all. The build quality felt very poor and fragile and the buttons were very 'clicky', plus the size and shape of it felt a bit strange in my hand (personal issue, but felt worth mentioning).
Perhaps you purchased an older or cheaper model? The Kone XTD is a quality mouse, very comfortable to use, a bit expensive but currently down from £80 to £50 in Amazon's Black Friday sale.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month

Latest News

Anthem launches latest AV receivers, processors and amplifiers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Naim and Focal discount premium music systems
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Sky and NOW TV UK for November 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 28th October 2020
  • By Phil Hinton