Looking for a HDMI Splitter

rozel

Hi all, due to my AVR not supporting HDR10+ (it supports HDR10, HLG and Dolby Vision and eARC) and my TV not supporting eARC, I'm looking for a splitter to split the Video and Sound from my new Media Player. My TV is a Samsung which doesn't support DV but supports HDR10+ and I bought the media player (which has single HDMI out) thinking that my AVR (Yamaha RZ-A1070) would pass HDR10+ as it does everything else.

So I'm looking for a Splitter which splits the Video and the Audio - not one which takes both to 2 separate displays. This may be referred to as a switch, I don't know. The video must be capable of supporting 4k UHD resolution (or even 8k), HDR10+, HLG and Dolby Vision and supporting HD Audio Dolby True HD, Dolby Atmos, DTS Master HD MA etal (lossless audio).

Any ideas please?

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
The HDFury 'AVR key' is ideal in your situation, though you are a bit ahead of the requirements curve wanting '8K' support :)

Joe

rozel

Hey Joe! Blimey, I didn't expect you on here :) But glad to see you again. The last I heard from you was when I was seeking help with my former Samsung KS9500 TV and trying to get it to work with HLG just prior to Samsung releasing firmware to allow external devices to to work over HDMI.

I still have my HDMXA71 - guess that won't work here will it? If not then I'll place an order with you for the HDfury AVR Key. The specs say "Pass-thru for 4K UHD video (with HDR, DV and HLG) up to 18Gbps to your New 4K UHD Display + HD Audio to your ‘legacy’ HDMI equipped AVR or Audio Processor". This doesn't exactly say it supports HDR10+ (HDR10 Plus) - can you please confirm that it does please?

Thanks

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor

rozel

Thanks Joe - order placed 👍

rozel

Thanks. Does it include a power supply btw? - does it need one if not? If it needs one, where to buy?

rozel

Marvellous - cheers Joe 👍

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom