1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a grand screen

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by MSR, Feb 28, 2005.

1. MSR

MSR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi this is my first post and I'm a real newbie to this scene, so please bear with me! Thanks :smashin:

Having been made redundant recently, I persuaded the boss (wife) to let me get a plasma/LCD screen with part of my payoff. The thing that sparked this was seeing a 42-inch LG model for sale in Richer Sounds at just under a grand. Now, me being me, I want to get the best possible piece of kit for the smallest possible price! (Don't we all?!)

I'm not overly fussed about whether it's a plasma or LCD screen, but it has to go on a plaster board wall (urgh!), so weight is probably a consideration. The living room is quite small so I'm thinking a screen size of 32 to 37 inches would be about right, especially given my tight budget. Really, I want to keep it under a grand if at all possible. Hopefully there will be a little room for manoeuvre if the right deal comes up.

In the not too distant future I might be getting a HTPC up and running, so PC connectivity would be handy and higher resolution is preferable. But this isn't my biggest concern!

Some options I'm considering are:

Panasonic TH37PW7B
    Philips 32PF9976
    Sharp LC32GA3E
    Toshiba 32WL48P

Any advice/recommendations/etc would be most welcome. Thanks for your time! :thumbsup: