Looking for a GOOD non-SLR camera!

andy_fozzy

Ex Member
Reaction score
Hi all.
Thinking of giving up my D-SLR camera and going for a decent compact/bridge camera.

Now I've done this before, and went back to a D-SLR due to the poor quality of my shots (tried a Canon S3 IS).
Now considering maybe the S5 IS or one of the Fuji camera's.

I know I'm not going to get the same quality I would with a non-SLR, but can anyone recommend a good alternative to SLR?
Looking for excellent picture quality, good zoom and possibly image stabilizer.

Any advice would be very much appreciated :smashin:

Canon Powershot G9 maybe

The olympus sp-550 has got some good reviews, I own (although don't really use anymore) the sp-510 which is a step down, a great bridge camera that offered a 10x zoom and 6mp sensor.

The optics in this range of cameras are imho fantastic. Mine has got a big LCD screen, 2.8 aperture, the on camera flash is actually very very good as well (although you're limited creatively) and finally it has a range of customisable options etc.

The one problem I had with mine towards the end was the shutter lag, I hated losing the image for a second etc. Also I don't know if the sp-550 is the same, but mine has a electronic viewfinder (hence the lag) - its weird because you might as well be using the LCD screen but you get used to it.

Hi, I am getting closer and closer to buying a Panasonic DMC-FZ50 and started a thread here to get an idea - have a look, it may help.

Cheers,

Martin.

I second that motion

Leica M8 :p

what? its not an SLR and its has VERY good IQ (not to mention ridiculously good build quality) just don't ask about the price....

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom