Looking for a good media player box

NoLifeDGenerate

Standard Member
Ok, the VLC app on Xbox has somehow become completely useless. Even videos that used to play fine just go black after a few minutes and keep playing audio only. Makes no sense. I'm looking for a standalone media player.

I was looking at a Dune-HD Pro Vision 4K Solo, but they never restock their US site, nobody else in the US seems to stock it, the international Dune-HD site wants $50 more for it AND expects you to deal with customs bullsh*t and international shipping on top of that. WTF?

Suggestions? I'm basically looking for a way to play video files (all formats) from an SMB fileshare, and possibly an HDD (16TB) since the Dune-HD got me into that idea now. I don't do anything with streaming services, plex, etc and don't plan to. I use HDMI, so I don't care about all those lame analog things they add to high end units. I don't much care about DolbyVision either. I just want something the menus and navigation won't suck, etc.

dion 6

Ok, the VLC app on Xbox has somehow become completely useless. Even videos that used to play fine just go black after a few minutes and keep playing audio only. Makes no sense. I'm looking for a standalone media player.

I was looking at a Dune-HD Pro Vision 4K Solo, but they never restock their US site, nobody else in the US seems to stock it, the international Dune-HD site wants $50 more for it AND expects you to deal with customs bullsh*t and international shipping on top of that. WTF?

Suggestions? I'm basically looking for a way to play video files (all formats) from an SMB fileshare, and possibly an HDD (16TB) since the Dune-HD got me into that idea now. I don't do anything with streaming services, plex, etc and don't plan to. I use HDMI, so I don't care about all those lame analog things they add to high end units. I don't much care about DolbyVision either. I just want something the menus and navigation won't suck, etc.
I've been using a vero 4k for years now with no problems it seems to be exactly what you are after

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom