• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Looking for a good camera that records HD video - help!

beau27

Standard Member
Hi all, I'm looking for a decent camera that can also shoot good HD video, both indoors and out. Ideally less than £450. I currently have a bridging camera (Panasonic FZ38) which takes great pictures but the video side is lacking. Can anyone recommend a good all in one unit? I have no preference over a compact or an SLR, I was thinking about a 550D or 600D... Although I'm worried it might be overkill for my needs.

eduk

Distinguished Member
Hi all, I'm looking for a decent camera that can also shoot good HD video, both indoors and out. Ideally less than £450. I currently have a bridging camera (Panasonic FZ38) which takes great pictures but the video side is lacking. Can anyone recommend a good all in one unit? I have no preference over a compact or an SLR, I was thinking about a 550D or 600D... Although I'm worried it might be overkill for my needs.

Sony NEX 3 or 5 series perhaps? You might get a discount on the 5N as it is being replaced, it has an excellent sensor.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom