1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a good camera shop....

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by gbcasual, Mar 15, 2005.

1. gbcasual

gbcasual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +938
    in/around the Maidenhead area.

My wife gets annoyed at the lack of zoom on our trusty Ixus 330 and wants to up the game a bit.

She's afraid of D-SLR's due to not wanting to change lenses and risk dust on the sensor etc. That and price of course ;-)

Therefore we want to check out the cameras with at least 5MP and 7x Optical zoom. Guess on the list will be Coolpix 8800, Z5, FZ20, Z20, A200, DSC H1 (when it arives).

If you have and ideas on shops with a good selection, I'd be delighted to hear them.

Cheers

Jon

2. gbcasual

gbcasual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +938
    Would it help if I said 'in the Maidenhead, High Wycombe, Reading, Slough, Windsor, Staines, Uxbridge, Bracknell or close to any of these.....' area? :D

3. Zone

Zone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,114
    Well Jessops springs immediately to mind, they'll stock all of your choices so you can pop along and have a play with each to see which one you prefer, I'd then search the net for the cheapest prices, just remember Jessops will price match as well ;)