Looking for a good 40" LCD that I will mostly play xbox360, ps3 on.

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Proto Omega, Mar 17, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Proto Omega

Proto Omega
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I am now hunting for a LCD TV that is 40".

I will mostly use it for gaming with the Xbox360 and PS3 (when it comes out). I also will use it for dvd movies (and eventually blue ray). Basically 85% of the use for it will be gaming and the other 15% will be for movies.. I have no plans to use it to watch shows, programmes on actual TV.

Anyway I am a little confused as to all the different brands and ranges and features. I am concerned about a number of things.

I am not really looking to spend more than £1600 on a 40".

I will be using the PS2, GC with it as well, for another year before moving to PS3 and Revolution so I don't want any issues with the tv at 60hz as all the games I play on PS2 are NTSC and therefore 60hz. Same with DVD movies with my JVC player - they are mostly all NTSC. Will it support RGB Scart lead at 60hz? I use RGB Scart for my PS2 and dvd player.

I am thinking of getting the Samsung LE40R51BX but the Comet website states it doesnt have NTSC playback? Also I heard there are tearing issues and problems at 60hz with this model? But the price is very reasonable compared to the other LCD sets.

Also since I use a 7.1 sound system the sound features aren't an issue for the tv either. Just basic nicam stereo will do.

The TV is linked here http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/455_260916.html
    it says it has no component input though...isnt that strange?
    Also Comet is the only one that seems to be selling this particular model. Do a search for this on Google and it shows as Comet being the only seller. Odd. The Samsung LE40R51B is a slightly different model as it has trusurround or something.

Also what would be the best connection for a LCD tv like this for 360? the 360 console doesnt support HDMI connection but does the tv have a vga input as well as a component? Which one would offer the best picture?
    Can anyone suggest me s set please. Thanks.

2. the porter

the porter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,592
    there are plenty of sellers of this model i have the same 1 it has component ,composite connections, hdmi everything crackin set for the price!!the 360 doesnt support hdmi which 360 do you have???????????????

3. Proto Omega

Proto Omega
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I'm confused with the model Comet is selling though. It is slightly different than the LE40R51 that is being sold everywhere else. Comet side says it has no NTSC playback neither does it have a component input...?

4. Proto Omega

Proto Omega
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Also I read about problems with the tearing issue but is this rectified by Samsung in that all the new models have been revised to show no tearing?