Looking for a game...

chocobear

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all.
I'm looking for a new game to play. One where you start with nothing and have to hunt/gather items, craft stuff, level up etc. I don't really have a game to compare it to but if you have any games you think fall in this category please throw them out there!
I really like the idea of starting from nothing and building my way up.

Ideally for the PS4 but also willing to play on iOS or PC (I don't have a gaming PC).

I look forward to your suggestions!

Thanks in advance.

Dragon age the new one,sky rim,fallout,dark souls,demon souls,dark souls 2.

Hi all.
I'm looking for a new game to play. One where you start with nothing and have to hunt/gather items, craft stuff, level up etc. I don't really have a game to compare it to but if you have any games you think fall in this category please throw them out there!

Ideally for the PS4 but also willing to play on iOS or PC (I don't have a gaming PC).

Thanks in advance.
If you don't have a gaming PC then get dragon age on the ps4.

Hi all.

Thanks in advance.

Are you looking for a Roguelike game that takes everything away from you when you die (well most stuff but some games let you carry some stats over).

If that's the case maybe Rogue Legacy and Don't Starve might be what you want on PC and PS4.

If you have a capable PC and want a multiplayer Rougelike survival game it might be worth checking out H1Z1 (coming to PS4 some day but looks a long way off), Rust and DayZ. I think all these games maybe early access though so it could be a bit buggy.

The other PC that might be worth checking out is State of Decay.

Also games soon to be released like Dark Souls 2 (currently on PC but due for PS4 this year) and Bloodbourne have a very challenging combat and progression system.

If you want to build up your stats/inventory but don't want to lose it when you die there are plenty of PS4 (plenty should be on PC as well) games that might be worth checking out. RPGs like Dragon Age: Inquisition or shooters like Far Cry 4.

Dragon Age

Sunless Sea (PC) is low spec, and getting very good reviews (warning, strong wiffs of indie-isim)

Tomb raider , and The last of us , sound like something you need to play , they fit the description your looking for ,

Hi all.

Thanks in advance.
Don't Starve - Best one imo and harder than other games like Minecraft and Terraria. It also fits your criteria perfectly.
Terraria - 2D sidescrolling game similar to Minecraft except no food.
Minecraft - I've never been a fan of this game.

@chocobear, if you get a free day or two, read this thread for hilarity (once you get to the part where people actually own and started playing the game): https://www.avforums.com/threads/dont-starve-play-help-thread.1840300/

If you want to see what it's like, watch "Sips plays Don't Starve: Willow" on Youtube from the first episode to at least the third... my gawd they made me laugh so hard.

Best news i've heard all day. And i've just won the euromillions.

Best news i've heard all day. And i've just won the euromillions.
Ohcomeon_zpsbbf26w5t.gif

@chocobear, if you get a free day or two, read this thread for hilarity (once you get to the part where people actually own and started playing the game): Don't Starve - Play & Help Thread | AVForums

If you want to see what it's like, watch "Sips plays Don't Starve: Willow" on Youtube from the first episode to at least the third... my gawd they made me laugh so hard.
Thanks I've just watched first 20 mins or so of willow and it looks fun. Once you die, you die and have to start again is that right?

I've got a mate who has Diablo 3 so we are gonna SharePlay that tonight and see if I like it.

Thanks for the suggestions, keep them coming!

Thanks I've just watched first 20 mins or so of willow and it looks fun. Once you die, you die and have to start again is that right?

I've got a mate who has Diablo 3 so we are gonna SharePlay that tonight and see if I like it.

Thanks for the suggestions, keep them coming!
Yup, if you die it's all over! lol. But that's the fun of it... the suspense of maybe dying every time you do something and losing all progress. I made it to like 40 or 50 something days. But each day is 8 mins so it can last quite a long time.

Bloodborne is out soon, the community on here will be all over that game. Anyone put off by the reputed difficulty of From Softwares other games should go have a read at the Demons/Dark Souls threads, it's pretty special how everyone learned to play and beat those games together.

P.s. don't listen to Det

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom