Looking for a first car.... for the old man for now..

nikz06

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Me old man is looking to get a car after having a license for over 25 years he's got back into driving and now looking to get a car again, at the same time me and my sister are learning to, I have had over 10 hours, my sister over 6, although we won't be ready to take tests for a few months anyways.

All in all we would like a suitable car so that my dad can drive around and suitably something for me and my sister to drive once we have fully passed some point in the near future.

Max budget up to £3000, low insurance etc.

Now I have been doing some research and come across the Skoda Fabia's 1.4, Seat Ibiza, VW Polo, Hyundai Getz 1.3, Honda Jazz 1.4 SE, seem to be reasonably priced and fall into 2-4 insurance groups.

Any other car to look out for? I am a complete newb to all this, we are looking for a decent small car/small family car.

All help is appreciated.:thumbsup:

Out of all of those I'd say the Jazz is the best bet. They are just about as uncool as you can get but they will do exactly what you need them to and they also have a very versatile interior.

Interesting, however I have heard that after 5 years they may start suffering gear box problems or so, will trawl for more reviews on it. Have a copy of Which? Car magazine, and the Jazz was highly rated.

Interesting, however I have heard that after 5 years they may start suffering gear box problems or so, will trawl for more reviews on it. Have a copy of Which? Car magazine, and the Jazz was highly rated.

It's a basic car, no doubt about it but that's exactly what you're after. I can't see why it would have gearbox issues knowing how sturdy Honda usually builds things. They are very simple to drive and will be very easy to learn in and pass your test in if you choose to do that way rather than use your instructor's car.

Theres a few around on AutoTrader going for less than £3000, whats the best thing to look out for? We are learning in 02 1.2 Clio's at the moment they are fairly reasonable to drive, but have heard mixed reviews on them in general which dismisses them out of purchasing one.

My dad was refreshing himself in a Toyota Corrola which he liked driving.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom