Looking for a Faulty Philips Plasma?

dibs786

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi Gys,

On the Look for a Philips 32fd9944 Faulty One.

Any Suggestions please The Plasma Worked fine prior to the main board blowing one part (Starter unit - low Temp rating)) and hence not firing up, no replacement part available since Philips have stopped supporting it for spares .

Any Directions or even a location to Buy a second hand screen damaged Philips 32fd9944 model from would be grateful..

Second Post due tolack of response :boring: but hopeful once again :smashin:

Thanks in advance.

Dibs

Ebay springs to mind , Want it Now section as well as scouring the ads .

Hi, mine has developed the same/similar fault i.e. difficult start from cold but no problem when hot. I may have a possible supplier. Do you have the part no. required ?. I can supply copy service manual if you can identify part needed.
Regards
Allan

I forgot to mention that if I put warm air through it fires up first time every time, but its a bit embarrasing when you've got visitors & get the hair drier out to switch on the tv that cost £2700.:mad:

Regards
Allan

I forgot to mention that if I put warm air through it fires up first time every time, but its a bit embarrasing when you've got visitors & get the hair drier out to switch on the tv that cost £2700.:mad:

Regards
Allan

Thanks for the hair drier trick, might try it next time.. :smashin:
Its sitting in the loft for now..

Sorry no part number all I now its the starter transister which requires a higher tem rating + the main Board starts to fry-up too so looking for that too..

Keep me posted if you come across someone and like wise i will do too. :D

Cheers

Dibs

Well I've managed to find a supplier of a kit to repair my power supply, it consists of components needed & detailed fitting instructions. So hopefully its problem solved, the kits are $95 plus shipping.

If you want photos of my power supply for comparison just send your email address to [email protected]

Regards
Allan

Well I've managed to find a supplier of a kit to repair my power supply, it consists of components needed & detailed fitting instructions. So hopefully its problem solved, the kits are $95 plus shipping.

If you want photos of my power supply for comparison just send your email address to [email protected]

Regards
Allan

Cheers Allan,:thumbsup:

Email sent, and where did you find the kit please? Website contact number location anything would be uself and appriciated.

Cheers

Dibs

You may want to try some recourse on the sale of goods act. Basically your TV is guaranteed if purchased within the last 6 years.

This would definately be my preference as if it cannot be repaired, they only have 2 options open to themselves;

1. Replace with a current model
2. Refund

You may want to try some recourse on the sale of goods act. Basically your TV is guaranteed if purchased within the last 6 years.

This would definately be my preference as if it cannot be repaired, they only have 2 options open to themselves;

1. Replace with a current model
2. Refund

How does that work? I have never came across a 6 year Garentree? If i was going down this route then do you have any tips or tricks please?

Any Help greatly appriciated. :D

It's to do with the SOGA (Sale of goods act). As this TV cost you best part of £3k then any court in the land will say that this should last more than 2 years etc and think most go to 6 years. And as this cannot be repaired as they have stopped making them you might be able to get a new TV or a (part) refund.

Research it a bit more, as you might have to take Phillips to the small claims court.

It's to do with the SOGA (Sale of goods act). As this TV cost you best part of £3k then any court in the land will say that this should last more than 2 years etc and think most go to 6 years. And as this cannot be repaired as they have stopped making them you might be able to get a new TV or a (part) refund.

Research it a bit more, as you might have to take Phillips to the small claims court.

TAKE PHILIPS TO SMALL CLAIMS COURT:eek: :eek: That is going to be fun :rotfl: I will persue this more and research it a bit more thanks for the pointer Mr Kennedy.

I will email them first and see where it takes me.. I will keep you posted..

Cheers

Dibs :thumbsup:

TAKE PHILIPS TO SMALL CLAIMS COURT:eek: :eek: That is going to be fun :rotfl: I will persue this more and research it a bit more thanks for the pointer Mr Kennedy.

I will email them first and see where it takes me.. I will keep you posted..

Cheers

Dibs :thumbsup:

TBH taking them to court is very easy but first make contact with them and get things in writting etc. If they refuse to help in anyway then just file the claim online. Try and get info that someone else has won this way so you know what is needed from you.

I for one if they refuse to help would not think twice in contacting CAB and then going for a smalls claim court.

Well my TV is well & truly fixed & all for the princely sum of £160 inc vat.
This is how I went about it, first of all I phoned a Philips service centre & got a quote for £125 labour & around £450 for the power supply board. So then after picking myself up off the floor I decided to go through the Yellow Pages & one repair shop after another the reply was "we repair any make other than Philips", until one actually said "yes no problem bring it in", so I did. But & its a BIG but they could'nt get it to switch on to test it, so they went onto the philips service website & found umpteen pages of possible faults & then told me that it would'nt economical for them to start at the begining & work through the list hoping to stumble across the right fix.

So at that point I decided to search the net for a solution, I typed in the search box "philips plasma repair" & it came back with a listing for a Philips Plasma repair kit on eBay. I could'nt believe my eyes or luck as I read on (it was like finding the Holy Grail), it described all the faults that this kit could/would fix & my fault was there. So I sent him an email & photo of my power supply board (due to model numbers being different in the U.S.) & he confirmed compatability. So I paid £58 via Paypal, he sent the kit, received it 3 days later, the TV shop fitted it & it burst into life & here my story ends with a TV that works when I want it to, not when it wants to.

P.s. I think you'll find that the 6 year ish rule applies to the retailer & sadly mine went bust 2 years ago.

Regards
Allan

Theres always somebody out there who can fix it or knows
somebody who can fix it, the hard part is finding out who it is.

Well my TV is well & truly fixed & all for the princely sum of £160 inc vat.
This is how I went about it, first of all I phoned a Philips service centre & got a quote for £125 labour & around £450 for the power supply board. So then after picking myself up off the floor I decided to go through the Yellow Pages & one repair shop after another the reply was "we repair any make other than Philips", until one actually said "yes no problem bring it in", so I did. But & its a BIG but they could'nt get it to switch on to test it, so they went onto the philips service website & found umpteen pages of possible faults & then told me that it would'nt economical for them to start at the begining & work through the list hoping to stumble across the right fix.

So at that point I decided to search the net for a solution, I typed in the search box "philips plasma repair" & it came back with a listing for a Philips Plasma repair kit on eBay. I could'nt believe my eyes or luck as I read on (it was like finding the Holy Grail), it described all the faults that this kit could/would fix & my fault was there. So I sent him an email & photo of my power supply board (due to model numbers being different in the U.S.) & he confirmed compatability. So I paid £58 via Paypal, he sent the kit, received it 3 days later, the TV shop fitted it & it burst into life & here my story ends with a TV that works when I want it to, not when it wants to.

P.s. I think you'll find that the 6 year ish rule applies to the retailer & sadly mine went bust 2 years ago.

Regards
Allan

Theres always somebody out there who can fix it or knows
somebody who can fix it, the hard part is finding out who it is.

Thanks a lot mate, i have ordered the repaire kit and still waiting for the post, its coming up to a week now and i'm getting worried..:confused:

I rang the repaire place and he said that bring it in no problems, if this kit is has good has it is then we will order some sets in too to fix any other philips that drop in too.

So waiting on the post.

Cheers for the guidance and hopefully will be able to post the results soon.

Dibs

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom