Looking for a DVD Receiver

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Reiner, Mar 20, 2002.

1. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Still haven't made up my mind if I should buy a mini-/midi-hifi and add a DVD player or if I should go for a all-in-one solution.
    Don't fancy the latter but I stumbled across the Onkyo DR-2000, nice looking DVD/CD Receiver, i.e. with built in amplification. Don't think it sells in Europe:

http://www.onkyo-intl.com/ (Select "DR-2000" from the 'Quick Search' on the right)

Don't like the spring clip terminals but what to expect? Hope I can get it multiregion at least ...

Any other, similar product you know of or you can recommend?

I need something rather small and probably will use it as stereo setup, i.e. two speakers only.
    For those who wonder / don't know I have already a fully fledged AV setup but need something small which I can either sell later or easily ship around when I move.

2. GrahamC

GrahamC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    Hi,

Try the Denon ADV700

3. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Ah, hadn't heard of that one yet. Thanks, will check it out as it seems to be a good alternative / option.

4. ehornsey

ehornsey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Reiner,

I'm having the same dilemma... I started off thing DAV S500 then DAVS800, then onto Marantz seperates

I auditioned a Denon ADV-700, KEF KHT 2005 and Sony KV32FQ75 and was very impressed with DVD replay. Audio CD replay was surprisingly good too. I was worried that 35Wx5 wasnt really powerful enough to drive the KEFs in my lounge but I changed my mind, it got to fairly deafening levels!

Best price I've found for Denon multi region was at www.HifiBitz.co.uk costs £625

Ed