1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a digital tv tuner for my pc

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Jamesv, Nov 27, 2004.

1. Jamesv

Jamesv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. Not sure if this is the right place to post this (if not can somebody tell me where pls!). Im looking for a decent digital tv tuner for my pc. I think an external box with usb 2.0 connection would be best, with its own power supply. This is to give me the option of having the pc off if Im only watching tv, and switched on if Im recording to my hard drive. I would like a digital audio out and scart or component or dvi out. Any ideas??

2. ccparkhill

ccparkhill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Essentially what you're asking for is a digi-box with VGA/DVI output with USB 2.0 (or even ethernet) - I think if they existed we'd all be buying them. High quality outputs and the ability to record to a PC hard drive, which these days could be in TBs.

3. Ultim8Fury

Ultim8Fury

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    don't know about a usb one but Haupaugge do a pci DVB-T tuner which will allow you to capture decent off-air video. I wouldn't use their software though as its a little poor, to put it politely.

4. dogastus

dogastus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I recommend the one from here http://www.nebula-electronics.com/ It works really well, has an ongoing software development programme, and the support is excellent. I've had the PCI one for a couple of years, they do a USB one as well.

5. simonali

simonali
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1