• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Looking for a desent iPhone speaker dock

oasismark

Distinguished Member
I'm after a decent speaker dock for my iPhone.

I want it as a bedside charger and for the alarm, time, etc. the iPhone has everything i want to i dont need anything build in like radio etc.

But i dont want to have to put the iPhone in airplane mode every time and i dont want those 'da da da' sounds to be heard.

I want a small footprint too.

As i want to use it with the iPhoen alarm, will i need to keep the dock turned on all night? as some have auto shut off, and will turn themselves off at night? Do the auto wake up too?

I like the look of this one:

412-5242155SPA72UC588239X.jpg

I like the landscape mode though its not essential.

Looks pretty good for travelling too.

As theres sooo many docks out there i'm after advice info.

bransoj

Prominent Member
But i dont want to have to put the iPhone in airplane mode every time and i dont want those 'da da da' sounds to be heard.
I think you will struggle to get anything that wont be affected by the interference on the speakers when you get a call, text or its fiddling about with the signal...this is just something that happens when you have the speakers there. I get it in the car as well if i have the phone near the radio. The only way round it is to put it in airplane mode.

That said i got a dock for xmas that i use as an alarm and bar the odd bit if i get a text, call or its sorting the signal i've had no issue with the interference and if its happened in the night its certainly not something thats woken me up.

That said the one i have has a radio etc on it as well so doesnt fit your brief.

mossym

Distinguished Member
what's the budget? if you're willing to spend a bit, have a look at the B&W zepplin mini, smashing bit of kit, sounds great too

oasismark

Distinguished Member
Cheapest possible really, £50 is streatching the budget, as i only want a charger and speakers i though it would be cheap as chips

RobM

Distinguished Member
I think you will struggle to get anything that wont be affected by the interference on the speakers when you get a call, text or its fiddling about with the signal...this is just something that happens when you have the speakers there. I get it in the car as well if i have the phone near the radio. The only way round it is to put it in airplane mode.

That said i got a dock for xmas that i use as an alarm and bar the odd bit if i get a text, call or its sorting the signal i've had no issue with the interference and if its happened in the night its certainly not something thats woken me up.

That said the one i have has a radio etc on it as well so doesnt fit your brief.

That's not entirely true, as if you find a dock with shielded speakers you should be fine. The 'works with iPhone' docks are shielded for this reason.

So chose carefully and look for a reference that it works with iPhone.

bransoj

Prominent Member
So chose carefully and look for a reference that it works with iPhone.
I agree...shielded speakers would stop it but also the bit above is not entirely true. The one i have is classed as working with the iPhone on the manafacturers website and i get some interference.

Kaldison

Established Member
I use one of these:

Logitech Pure-Fi Express Plus: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

Pretty basic when it comes to features (inc. no radio), but does sound pretty good considering price and is pretty solid build wise. I get no interference from iPhone and i've just checked (because I never use the alarm feature) and it auto turns on when the iPhone alarm starts.
Another bonus is it can be used on batterys so you can listen to your music in the garden etc - I used it on a couple of camping trips last year and it did a great job!

Pistol1

Established Member
Griffin aircurve is £8 at carphone warehouse at the mo.

Basic as you like - it just amplifies the iPhone's own speaker a bit, it's not even a speaker :lol: but it fits your requirement of cheap and no-frills as possible!!

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom