****Looking for a decent indoor aerial to make my freeview work***

oscarb

Standard Member
:lease:

I have just moved into a new house and there is no external aerial. I bought a fairly decent £20 aerial with booster from Maplin yesterday, i was able to get decent picture on terrestrial.

when i put the freeview box on it only picked up a handful of channels which barely worked.

i checked on that link everyone posted with my postcode and didnt understand the advice - my postcode is e9 6eh.

i have 2 questions:

1.) how do i work out where in my bedroom to place the aerial?

2.) is it worth investing in one of the more expensive aerials and if so any reccomendations?

really appreciate any help.

Oscar

Geofbob

Novice Member
Reception via an indoor aerial is always dicey. You're only 9 miles from the Crystal Palace transmitter, and the Wolfbane digital signal predictor says that you need a Log Periodic outside aerial. However, as it happens I'm in W2, 8 miles from the same transmitter, and can receive reasonable Freeview with an indoor aerial - probaably much the same indoor aerial as you have.

For any chance of reasonable reception, you need to position the aerial close to a window, facing in the direction of the transmitter - almost due south from you - & ideally without any obstacles in the way.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom