Looking for a decent budget 43” TV - TCL?

bluedroog

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Good morning folks. I’m looking for a TV with decent picture, good all rounder, not too deep to access the usual streaming services. I don’t want to spend more than £300 and screen size 37-43”.

Smart TV and 4k I’m assuming are pretty much a given these days.

I’ve seen the TCLs rating very highly on a consumer show and look very good value. In particular the 43P617K model on Amazon. The reviews at first glance look convincing, however with Amazon once I click for the breakdown of star reviews I’m left scratching my head quite how they come to the conclusion they do.

I’ve noticed a couple of sets from LG and Philips for similar money and wondering if they are smarter options?

Amazon's reviews are decided by their own algorithm rather than pure math.
It's really a case of buying cheap but buying from a manufacturer that's still making their own TVs at smaller sizes. TCL is one of those, as would be Sony, LG, Philips, Samsung and Hisense.

None are particularly better than the other, all are bottom level quality and it's really hard nowadays to even know what panel type you're going to get, so even that makes the decision harder to make.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom