looking for a crt , best place ?

rob12770

Ex Member
Reaction score
hi, im looking to update my bd 650, i have put a wanted add in the boards but not much success, :thumbsdow im in edinburgh and not many folk will post , im looking to spent about £400 not too sure what model to go for , :confused: any suggestions greatly appreciated.
cheers rob :hiya:

i know mate but surley there must be someone with something, i see 701 s etc for about that price on ebay, but im a bit dubious bout fleebay.

Although ebay can be very dodgy, if the seller allows collection and payment in person go for it. If it's not as described you don't have to pay, if it is you've got a bargain. However if they want paying upfront etc. stay well clear. Some of the older sony crt's can be picked up cheap, look for a VPH 1030, as you can use a line doubler on them and produce a pretty respectable picture.

sure i just read a post about 1030 NOT taking a doubler AND no protection so if you do sent too high a signal.....

BANG!!!

could be wrong dont know it myself....

post in other forum

Nickyrboy said:
Although ebay can be very dodgy, if the seller allows collection and payment in person go for it. If it's not as described you don't have to pay, if it is you've got a bargain. However if they want paying upfront etc. stay well clear. Some of the older sony crt's can be picked up cheap, look for a VPH 1030, as you can use a line doubler on them and produce a pretty respectable picture.

problem is im in edinburgh scotland and traveling to london or far afeild to pick on of these beasts up isnt an option,

so i have to get someone who will post.
i might have to go for the smaller seleco's they are often willing to post, thing it i use an htpc so it must take data, im nt sure about the seleco's or much else to be fair. :rolleyes:

rob12770

Would you be interested in a nice Electrohome ECP4100?

We can probably overcome the delivery issues if you have a car. :)

Regards

BrianCurran said:
rob12770

Would you be interested in a nice Electrohome ECP4100?

We can probably overcome the delivery issues if you have a car. :)

Regards

I can see driving to N.Ireland to be a slight problem brian, unless i get an aquacar :devil:

im looking on the net at the PJ in question,
cheers rob

rob

Yes, but your car would only need to go to the edge of the water on your side :devil:

I've been here before. :D

Are you interested?

Regards

I'd generaly advise against posting a PJ, they are on the delicate side of things and all it requires is one knock in the wrong place and you have a very heavy pile of bits.

They arn't gonna be cheap to post either. I'd say the best way is to palletise and hope someone is fairly careful, at least they'd use forks to lift on/off or a pallet truck so the chance of someone dropping it will be slim. From dealing with pallets and shipping i'd guess to scotland from the south would be 50-70.

So maybe upping your budget for buying in scotland may be your best bet for a bargain.

Cya,
Lee

buying in scotland is near impossible mate :rolleyes:
they r just not many here, on ebay i have only ever seen one on ebay, and i bought it , but it needs upgrading now .
cheers rob

Sorry, mate, but unless you can hover round their skip when a company is upgrading to DLP, you may as well forget it.
Budget £400 for (part of) the installation and 10 times that (at least) for the projector.

Stuart Wright said:
Sorry, mate, but unless you can hover round their skip when a company is upgrading to DLP, you may as well forget it.
Budget £400 for (part of) the installation and 10 times that (at least) for the projector.

lol, i dont expect to get it installed il do that myself, ( i got good results with my current pj) i will deffo get one just have to wait i guess, and yes il spend more cash if i get it..i will prolly go up to £600 or so in time, i spent £200 on the bd650 i figured if i spend double that i should get a newer pj, i dont expect to get what some of you guys have :hiya: just something with beter focus.
i find the crosshatch grids individually a little blurry in the centre, old components i think, also the lenses are a lil scratched up.

also you say "upgrading to DLP" i got a dlp , nice and clear but the blacks were rubbish by comparison, also no one told me you DO get pixels with dlp, ok mabey ther r not pixels but you can see the dmd morrors..pretty rubbish that :eek:

cheers rob

ps brian, im bearing you in mind, but your still far away mate.
can the Electrohome ECP4100 handle data from a pc and what like are the tubes, ? does it have a timer ? how many hours on the chassis ?

Rob

The ECP4100 will scan 45 to 120Hz vert and 15 to 80KHz Horiz, basically that covers all of the normal home cinema resolutions, 1080i and 576p being the ones I preferred to use. Also an HTPC is the best way drive this projector, unless you have a 'good' scaler.

All three tubes are unmarked.

Unfortunately the ECP's did not have a timer, so I can't tell you how many hours it has been run, appart from the times I have used it, which is approx. 500hrs over 3yrs.

There's some good info on the ECP's here:-

http://www.curtpalme.com/docs/ElectrohomeECP4100_4101_Brochure.zip

http://www.curtpalme.com/ElectrohomeECP.htm

I checked courier delivery this morning, £40 for 48hr delivery and £55 for 24hr.

Regards

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom