• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Looking for a cheap 35mm lens for a Leica M8

camera girl

Hoping to pick up a used Leica M8 at the end of may and i would like to start using the camera the day i get it. But with money being tight (after paying for the M8) i would like to find a good cheap 35mm lens.

can anyone point me in the right direction

Thank you

twist

Distinguished Member
Compared to Leica, Voigtlanders are well priced. 35 1.2, 35 1.4 or 35 2.5, Id go for the 40mm 1.4 for decent quality and cheap price.

DanL

Standard Member
If you want to stay with Leica lens, your cheapest option would be a Summaron 3.5cm f3.5. There is one for sale at Red Dot Camera for £339, I'm not saying they are the cheapest place but just to give you an idea on price.

I have a slightly newer Summaron 35mm f2.8 which I use on my Leica M3 and an very happy with it, but it is a little more expensive.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom