Looking for a certain type of 3.5mm cable, any help?

duke_stix

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking for a very specific type of audio cable for my motor vehicle.

it is effectively, a Headphone Y splitter, but in reverse

so,

it goes from one 3.5mm SOCKET to give to TWO 3.5mm PLUGS

does ANYONE know of where i could obtain such a cable from? it would only have to be a meter or so long

and im new here, so please be nice. long time lurker, first time poster!lol

many thanks

I'd make one for you, and I'm sure Mark Grant would be able to as well :)

Go on then, what's it for? :)

:)

The hospitality of this here forums seems to be great!

basically, I would like to have connected up to the AUX in of my car head unit, my MP3 player and at the same time, my handsfree for my mobile phone

volume issues aside (i.e. volume staying loud when switching between mp3/phone) this would work almost flawlessly I'm hoping. Correct me if I'm wrong peoples...

Many thanks

Socket 1 - Hands free
Plug 1 - MP3 Player
Plug 2 - AUX Input.

Is that right?

Is the input on the front or the back of the head unit?

Hi,

the aux in is a cable thats been patched in to the rear of the head unit by a professional (i've tried tracing it to the back and its waay too inacessible for me)- i was left with a standard 3.5mm Plug on a cable floating around the gear stick!

it would be as follows:

Socket One: Aux In

Plug One: MP3 player

Plug Two: Handsfree

effectively a 'Y' with the tail end going into the head unit via the socket/plug and the 'V' end splitting into the mp3 player and the handsfree

going to see if i can get a hold of a decent modular style connector of some sort which isnt too difficult to actually build and crack out the old soldering iron!

You could get that Maplin splitter, then replace one of the minijacks with another socket.

Alternatively as offered before I'd make you what you need for £8 inc postage using posh components :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom