Looking for a center channel for my B&W

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Speakers' started by Chromanin, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Chromanin

Chromanin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hey guys,

Does anyone have any experience matching 802 D3 (Or any other Diamond) speakers with a center speaker from the CM2 series? The 802's were for me already a very heavy investment and I don't want to spend too much on a center channel as I won't use it nearly as much.

Thanks

2. JasonPSL

JasonPSL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Hi,

This is probably not what you want to hear.
    I had CM8 and CMC centre speaker which worked well. I replaced the CM8 with 804D when I upgraded the music room and found the CMC just did not seem to work. This was the smaller old style CMC, so I don't know if the newer CMC2 will tonally match better. There seemed to be a gap in the centre. I ended up with the 800 series centre speaker.

Could you borrow a centre CM speaker, ,or buy a second hand one? If you buy second hand and decide it doesn't work, you can then sell it for very little cost. It can sometimes be difficult to get a matching second hand speaker, but you can sell it for little loss and see if it fits in.

Good luck.

Jason.