Looking for a ceiling mounted pull up bar

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
Hi all. Having not been in the gym game for a few years now, I’m wanting to get a bit of strength and shape back. I think the best all round single piece of equipment is the pull up bar, so looking to pick one up for the garage to mount to the joists.
Can anyone recommend a decent one?

StrontiumDog

Hi all. Having not been in the gym game for a few years now, I’m wanting to get a bit of strength and shape back. I think the best all round single piece of equipment is the pull up bar, so looking to pick one up for the garage to mount to the joists.
Can anyone recommend a decent one?
This one by Barbarian. I've got the wall mounted version. Brilliant.

reiteration

shodan

Distinguished Member
just saw this thread now :blush:

as I would have suggested a set of these, tho, you could still buy a set (given the price) and you can do so much more, I did front and back levers, dips etc, but never mastered the false grips (and the muscle up as a result of that) before I moved house...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gymnastic-...c+rings&qid=1559050097&s=gateway&sr=8-2-spell
I couldn't agree more. Waiting for my rings to be delivered..
Shame I ordered then when drunk because I've got no where to hang them...

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
I couldn't agree more. Waiting for my rings to be delivered..
Shame I ordered then when drunk because I've got no where to hang them...
I’ll hang them for you in my garage. :thumbsup:

shodan

Distinguished Member
I used the beams in my old garage...I've have space in the loft but very limited... you you got a tree with some decent branches?
No garage, no space or place in loft and no to the trees too! I've been reading my brain able how inventive can I get... Think the best I can do is off a pull up bar... Trouble is my main pull up bar indoors is a doorway one so not over stable in the case or the rings moving.. plus very limited in height...

shodan

Distinguished Member

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
Very kind offer thanks mate
No problem at all. Let me know when you want to send them and I’ll give you my address. :)

shodan

Distinguished Member
No problem at all. Let me know when you want to send them and I’ll give you my address. :)
I already know your address....

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
:eek:

sim12

I got my delivery of the gymnastic rings, I've had a quick play with them and my god, I do triceps dips with ease and weighted Pull ups many variations for that matter, but these things are just a different animal. I managed a whole 1 triceps dip that I had to fight all the way to get.
My only gripe is the straps rubbing on my forearms they're a little sore, nothing a wearing a hoody won't solve hopefully.

I'm looking forward to working out on these, I like new challenges.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom