Looking for a CD/DAB/WI-FI PLayer

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Toponescomics, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Toponescomics

Toponescomics
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guy's,

Looking to upgrade my docking station, i've got a lot of CD's that i would still like to play plus a lot of music stored on my PC also, which i would like to stream to a player.

I've been looking at the Sony CMT-X5CD but not 100% certain i can stream direct wireless from my PC, i can see it offers Bluetooth connectivity.

Could somebody confirm if it is possible or recommend an alternative, would like it streamline as possible not to expensive £200 ish with DAB also if possible.

cheers Russ

2. laxmanstretch

laxmanstretch
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hey me too (see my post today)! how did you get on with this?

I see Roberts do a range that fit your requirements but at £280 ish. I have had bad luck with their CD players as they have failed twice on me after 1 year, resulting in a return to amazon. They also struggle with some bbc podcasts as the bbc changed their format to one not supported by some of the roberts players, oh and they ended their lastFM feature as last FM stoped some of its service.
    Otherwise the Roberts was good quality sound and functionality. The user interface was a little clunky. Opinion on here may sway me to revisit their range.

You get speakers included in the roberts (think it was istream 63)