looking for a cable - scart to component

cracken

Prominent Member
Reaction score
looking for the following cable can anyone suggest....

OUT (cable box)

SCART

IN (Plasma)

RGB and stereo in

anyone help :)

otv

Your looking for an odd spec cable - very odd when you look at your kit list.

Any Fully Wired (standard) SCART cable will deliver RGB + LR Audio from your SCART source to the Media Box on your TV.

If you want an improvement in image quality you could go with an RGB Only or RGB+LR Audio Only cable - a bit more money but worth the extra.

RGB and YUV 'Component' are not interchangeable without some active signal processing - if your wanting to connect your RGB SCART equipped source to the YUV Input on the TV Media Box you'll require a JS Technology RGB to YUV converter plus cables; a lot of expenses for little return I'd say.

If your SCART equipped Source can Output YUV over SCART (a very few can) then its easy enough to provide you with a correctly wired SCART to 3RCA cable for YUV connectivity.

Best regards

Joe

i have the same problem.

i have a set top box with non RGB scart as i have just found out. but i have a js RGB scart to vga to plug into my plasma which inly has VGA.

how can i get my non RGB scart to work in the RGB scart.

cheers for the info, its not for me though lets get this perfectly clear :) my setup had full RGB all over.

the plasma has only one scart in... which is in use from either the DVD or the cable itself. the owner wants decent picture as well from the other source (at present composite and LR stereo :eek: ) so i thought as the DVD has scart out and the plasma has RGB component with stereo input that would be ideal.

would the qed av19 be the kind of cable i need http://www.qed.co.uk/cables/sqart/av19.html ?

otv

Best to rewind a little and get our RGB's sorted!

Which Plasma, Which sources and where is the sound going - Plasma or AV Amp/Receiver.

Best regards

Joe

PS Glitch - same questions!

ok i solved my problems, i had to set my dvd to rgb using a dif tv then plug into my plasma.

Thanx

Some Hyundi plasma and a goodmans DVD

Sound goes into plasma via LR stereo only.
DVD has a RGB scart out on it

Plasma has component in with LR.

otv

You'll be wanting a JS Technology RGB2YUV converter then - plus:

1 x SCART cable
1 x 3RCA to 3RCA YUV video cable
1 x 2RCA to 2RCA Stereo audio cable

Best regards

Joe

ok joe will investigate

Same question (I think)

I want to connect my Sky digibox (scart out) to my Yamaha Rvx650 amp (component in) then component out from the amp to my Panasonic PWD7

Is there a cable to do this ?

Pogue

I'm obviously not doing something correct on this one :)

Not a 'cable' as such - you need to 'convert' the RGB signal to a YUV signal; tying knots in a wire wont achieve this. You have to pass the signal through a chip set that can do the maths.

There are a few options - my preferred option is the JS Technology RGB2YUV converter; see http://www.js-technology.com

Best regards

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom