Looking for a bottle of Port from a particular year

JamesP1701

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

My wife and I are trying to find a bottle of port from 2006, the year we were married. A slightly odd question but does anyone know anywhere we may be able to get one?
James

Hi all,

My wife and I are trying to find a bottle of port from 2006, the year we were married. A slightly odd question but does anyone know anywhere we may be able to get one?
James

It's a bit young for port isn't it. Sure you wouldn't prefer a nice 1977 :smashin:

Might sound funny but contact your local Waitrose as their staff are trained and can also look up details of a particular bottle etc :)

blue max said:
It's a bit young for port isn't it. Sure you wouldn't prefer a nice 1977 :smashin:

It's young now but in 30 years it won't be!

flightphoto said:
Might sound funny but contact your local Waitrose as their staff are trained and can also look up details of a particular bottle etc :)

Good idea! Got one in my town so will do.

Go to Google.co.uk

Go to the 'More' tab

Select 'Shopping'

Look for Port 2006

There's loads of it about.

2006 Port is still available in LBV (Late bottled vintage)

Pick from the classic producers

Grahams, Taylors, Dows

Don't need to pay the earth

Any good wine shop should be able to find one.

Or two!

I have a bottle of dow's crusted port 2006 sitting on my shelf

I'm happy to be corrected, but I believe anything other than vintage port won't keep very long.

Not every year is classed as a vintage year.... for example...

Vintage Port | Vintage Guides | Learning | decanter.com

2006 looks like an ok year, but not a great vintage.

The downside of vintage port is it has to be decanted as it matures in-bottle, so you'll get sediment which will have to be allowed to settle to the bottom before decanting. As far as I'm aware, all port manufacturers still use real cork stoppers so should be stored flat to prevent the cork drying out.

I've always fancied a "birth-year" bottle (1960) but prices going up all the time :(

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom