Looking for a 65" 4K TV with eARC

mc64

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I currently have a Samsung QE55Q6FNA. Connected into this is a Sonos Beam Gen 1 (with 2 x Sonos One surrounds and a Sub), and I have Apple 4K TV, Sky Q and Xbox One. I was looking to upgrade my Beam to Sonos Arc to gain Dolby Atmos, but looking into this, I need a TV with eARC. I like the size of my TV but contemplating going up in size now too whilst I'm at it.

Any recommendations? Anything to avoid?

Any help is much appreciated. Cheers!

Budget?
Uses?
OLED vs LCD?

Budget?
Uses?
OLED vs LCD?
Budget - maybe around £1500...
Uses - Mainly Netflix and Apple TV 4K content (movies or series), plus occasional Xbox use. Don't really watching much live Sky TV these days
OLED/LCD.... honestly, I don't know enough about either... the best I can get for the budget I guess, I want to future proof as much as I can, but I know I'll be constrained by budget in this sense

Your budget with the right deal should allow for a decent spec OLED at that price, if you buy at the right time that is. Right now may not be the best time.

With LG you don't want to go lower really than the C1. With others any TV will be fine, including the cheaper Philips OLED7 series models.

Your budget with the right deal should allow for a decent spec OLED at that price, if you buy at the right time that is. Right now may not be the best time.

With LG you don't want to go lower really than the C1. With others any TV will be fine, including the cheaper Philips OLED7 series models.
Appreciate that. What's higher than the C1? I can potentially break budget for the right TV. Just curious any specific models to keep an eye on, in case anything goes on offer over Black Friday or January sales...

C1 is in line generally with all other OLEDs apart from:

G1 - Brighter, with new EVO panel.
Sony A90J - Even brighter with new EVO panel and heatsink
Panasonic JZ2000 - Also very bright, older non-evo panel and heatsink.
Philips OLED936 - probably using an old panel but not 100% sure, as bright as the LG G1.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom