• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Looking for a 55" TV...

gers1978

...but it's YEARS since I was in the market - my last TV purchase was a Toshiba 42Z3030D many years ago.

Any recommendations? Will be connecting a Sky+HD box, PlayStation 4, Wii, Apple TV.

As I understand it the Z3030D was pretty high-spec at the time, so I guess I'd be disappointed if I bought a new "budget" TV? Or would today's "budget" models still compare favourably to a "high spec" from 6-7 years ago?

gers1978

I'm not sure of my budget yet, probably around £1000. Why is it "unfortunate" it's from Currys?

vickster

Distinguished Member
Replied to your message

Sanjbmw2001

Look at the Panasonic 55 vt plasma. Great reviews and a plasma to boot. Perhaps maybe difficult to source. You can try richer sounds.

benny

Realise your prob wanting a brand new screen, but iam selling an 18 month old Panasonic 55"VT50 1080p THX 3D inc stand and 2 pair of 3D glasses for £875, paid £2200.
Only reason for sale was just upgraded to the ZT65 flagship model for 2013, VT50 was the flagship for 2012.

Id be looking at the panasonic vt65 new if your buying new, around £1899.
All the best.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom