• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Looking for a 50" LED TV, considering the Samsung UE50ES6300...

stevep94

Established Member
My dad is looking for a new TV, ideally around the 50" size and a budget of around £800.

He's seen the model in the title at Currys for £799 but I don't know much about TV's at the moment!

Has anyone got any experience of this one or has any other suggestions at this size/price point??

Thanks.....

vickster

Distinguished Member

stevep94

Established Member
Thanks for the quick reply! I'm a big fan of the plasma's but he seems to be set on an LED for some reason!

Thanks for the links, I'll have a read through add see what people think! (I did try and search but did so for the 50" model!)

vickster

Distinguished Member
It's about the only 50" there is, there are plenty of 46-47s (e.g. the 47ET5 from Panasonic) and a few 55s (although now £1200+ )

stevep94

Established Member
Much as I'd like to persuade him to go for the GT50, I think he'll prefer to go for an LED!

Is there a recognised "best" LED, perhaps in a 46" or 47" size around this price??

vickster

Distinguished Member
They all some flaw or another. People seem quite happy with the Panasonic ET5B and the Sony HX models. personally I wouldn't buy an LG or indeed any TV without a long warranty

Got reviews in the review section and long threads in the LCD forum :)

stevep94

Established Member
I might try and persuade him to look at the GT50! Does it have all of the "smart tv" extra's?? (particularly i-player and ITV player!)

Thanks for the continued help!

vickster

Distinguished Member
I am sure it'll have iPlayer, not sure about the ITV one

Smasung tend to have the best Smart offering but more clouding and blurring it seems

stevep94

Established Member
How do people feel about the VT50 over the GT50??

It seems the GT50 can be had for around the £900 mark and the VT50 is a couple of hundred more!

Scooby2000

Distinguished Member
How do people feel about the VT50 over the GT50??

It seems the GT50 can be had for around the £900 mark and the VT50 is a couple of hundred more!

If you watch a lot of bluray it may be worth it otherwise the GT is a cracking set.
Id look on Panasonic's site and compare features and see if you need the extras the VT gives.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom