Answered Looking for a 4K TV to fit in a nook

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by extremelydodgy, Apr 19, 2017.

1. extremelydodgy

extremelydodgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    I've not bought a telly in ages so I have absolutely zero idea what I'm looking for.

Absolute max dimensions: 105cm w x 72m h x 26cm d
    Optimal dimensions: 100cm x 70cm x 26cm

It must be standed, and it must be a centre stand that occupies no more than a 50cm x 26cm area.

Aside from that, just looking for the best telly I can fit in that space. Seems to rule out all 49-incher's I've looked at to date, so I'm guessing we're looking at 43"s for the most part (though bigger would be better). I then looked at the Samsung 43-inch KS7500 but that has a stand at both ends and that doesn't work.

I'd like to shortlist a few candidates and see what features I'd actually be looking for out of those. No particular budget in mind but again I'm guessing most of what I'm looking for falls within a thousand.

I am looking at 4K for future resistance, and also because I might hook up a NUC to it.
    However for the majority of watching it'll be hanging off a Virgin Tivo and an Apple TV.

2. Best Answer:
    Post #4 by Dodgexander, Apr 20, 2017 (1 points)
  3. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,051
    You need to ask yourself what you want to use the TV for, the KS7500 is the best 43" tv you can get but its the best because no other TV comes close with HDR performance. If you find you don't need decent HDR then something like the Sony 43XD80xx would be more than enough.

BTW TV stands aren't really a problem, for a TV like the KS7500 with the wide feet you can just buy a pedestal stand off ebay. They connect to the rear of the TV like if you were wall mounting, but act as a replacement TV stand. You can find them on eBay and Amazon.

4. extremelydodgy

extremelydodgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    Thanks re: stands - I guess I'm leery of third party ones I'd get off some randon dude on ebay / etc in that I don't want to come back and find the telly on the floor one day.

HDR - It seems like something I'd want I suppose, but can't help wondering if it's another 3D.

5. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,051
    Best Answer
    I would use one of those pedestal stands off ebay over the ones that come with the KS7500/7000 any day, they are far more sturdy and actually screw in to the back of the TVs VESA mounting holes- the same holes designed to keep the TV on the wall so I don't see a risk in it falling down.

By comparison the stands that come on the TV just clip on underneath.

If you don't care for HDR performance then you could look at the Sony XD80xx model, its cheaper than the KS7500 and flat. Otherwise the only TV that does a decent job at HDR at that size is the Samsung. In my eyes there is little point sacrificing the quality of which TV you can buy if you can afford the best just simply because of the design of the stand, but that's up to you.

6. extremelydodgy

extremelydodgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    OK, I'll take a look at VESA stands.

It's good to know my tech spidey senses are up to par in an area I know nothing about tho: First TV I casually look at based on size is the best? lol

7. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,051
    Yes it's the best, but mainly because of decent HDR. If you don't care so much for HDR one of the Sony XD80 or SD80s will suit for less money.