• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Looking for a 42inch LCD

adrian7396

Standard Member
Looking for a 42inch LCD, 100 hz, 1080p, will be using it with PC games, not bothered about internet or 3D,

Ive had a Sharp 32 inch Aquos for 6 years, perfectly reliable.
Last week sent an LG 42LK450U 42-inch back to Amazon as it arrived with an audio fault.

Peace of mind that i will get some years out of it is vital,
money = £500 to £600, but would love a bargain below £500.
Also i will be using it for PC Games. Thats why i have not looked at Plasma.

I see a Sharp LC40SH340 for £400 and a Sharp LC40LE531E for £500 at Richer Sounds, i trust Sharp but i dont know if i trust Richer Sounds.

Amazon has a Panasonic Smart VIERA TX-L42E30B for £540, i hear Panasonic are reliable but have read reviews where people talk of Audio faults with this make.

Theres a few Samsungs at £400 on Amazon, but i know nothing about them, i prefer Amazon as they have such a superb returns service.

Regards
Adrian.

russ331

A 6 year-old Sharp is no indication of the quality you can expect of Sharp TVs sold in the UK today.

Current Sharp TVs do not, by & large, receive good reviews. The Panasonic E30 you mentioned does have good reviews.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom