Question Looking for a 40/43" 4K HDR TV primarily for gaming.

TheGrizzlyHog

Novice Member
Hi there,

Been looking for a new 4k HDR TV to accompany my Xbox One X, but due to size (uni) limitations I can't really go higher than 40/43 inches. It seems hard to find good HDR technology in these smaller size screens, as it seems to be about 49" they get better. The MU7000 seemed to be a good option but impossible to find :/

Could anyone recommend me a 40/43" TV (budget isn't a issue) that has the best performance for gaming, with good HDR, input lag and 4k quality.

Cheers

Analysis

Banned
To get good HDR you would need to look at the 49" XE90.

Input Lag on most 2017 models is fine for the casual gamer, if you need a better more competitive setup then a monitor with high refresh rate would be best.

The 40" EX700 or 40" MU6400 are good for the price.

TheGrizzlyHog

Novice Member
That's a shame, feel like I'm missing out on a part of my Xbox without good HDR but really can't fit a bigger size screen in my room. It's a shame they don't put the better hardware in smaller screen sizes.

Between the Samsung MU6400 and the Panasonic EX700 is it just preference? Or is one better than the other?

Dodgexander

Sadly no smaller TVs perform well with HDR, the last TV that did that was the curved Samsung 43KS7500 which was a 2016 model.

Since then TVs being released at lower sizes don't have the same HDR capabilities, namely a lack of high peak brightness.

Best of a bad bunch for you would be the two already mentioned by @Ninja Wolfman

TheGrizzlyHog

Novice Member
That's a shame, think I'll go with the Samsung MU6400 as I can pick it up fairly cheap. Should do me fine until I finish Uni.

Cheers for the help

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: We review Dune and ask which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom