Looking for a 20-24" LCD....

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Steve78, Oct 30, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Steve78

Steve78
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all! This is my first post so go easy on me ;)

I've just purchased a Samsung 32" LCD TV (LE32R41BD) from Waratah (for £840! can't complain at that price!!). This should be delivered Tuesday with a bit of luck. This will be my first LCD unit, but I'm looking to get something for the bedroom (my trusty old Sony 20" WS CRT needs pensioning off).

I'm a serious gamer and I also love my movies so the screen needs to be more than capable of displaying both to a good standard. As it's for the bedroom the size I need is between 20-24". My knowledge of TV's isn't what it was so I'd appreciate some recommendations. As for the budget - approx £500 (if it's cheaper than this then so much the better!).

If this is the wrong forum to ask such a question then can a mod accept my apologies and do the hours and move it elsewhere :D

Edit:

Just came across this model:

http://www.webelectricals.co.uk/eStore/Product.asp?ProdUID={19CA4E26-A75D-4049-96D0-BB60C10EF542}

Looks like my 32" Sammy's little brother!

Any alternatives?

2. pjskel

pjskel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
    Benq have a new 20" wide panel coming this week, all being well.
    It's a PC monitor primarily, but I believe it can take an S-video signal - so Freeview box is all that's required, or TV card for PC.
    Price - £380 SRP, so that'll probably be nearer £320. 1680x1050 and 4 ms panel, IIRC.