Looking for a 2.5" media player enclosure

RMCF

Distinguished Member
I am looking to get hold of a media player enclosure, and would prefer one that accepts a 2.5" HDD.

Where can I pick one up in the UK? I searched the auction sites and they all appear to be in the Far East.

Thanks.

Salveeno

Standard Member
I am looking to get hold of a media player enclosure, and would prefer one that accepts a 2.5" HDD.

Where can I pick one up in the UK? I searched the auction sites and they all appear to be in the Far East.

Thanks.

Hi,
Thay do have some on ebay that are based in UK,
Regards

RMCF

Distinguished Member
Yeah thanks I did get a UK one in the end.

Just in the process of getting a HDD put into it.

bert6801

Standard Member
I currently own a AVOX jukebox 2.5 media enclosure (mediagate mg-25)...damn thing rox. However I cant seem to find this player anymore. I have used it for years and i figured there would be bigger and better out now for the 2.5hdd scene....but as of yet I have found nothing but overseas stuff that just has no support

I have the mediagate firmware installed (they had a identical unit with newer firmware) and it does a few things that I just love

1. on boot it will resume right where u left off
2. boots quick
3. plays raw dvd .iso files perfectly

So could someone point me to a hdd enclosure that supports these things? I cant find a vantec avox jukebox or a mediagate mg-25 anymore.

funny thing is the vantec site still lists this player...but site seems pretty much dead....even the email gets bounced back

I have seen a few such as This and this

but I cant find any real reviews or anything. So Im trying to reach out here for some user opinions

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom